Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Is EA Letting Command & Conquer Die?

QCyO1rS.png

A few days ago this article, Is EA Allowing This Well-Known Gaming Franchise to Die? appeared on an unlikely source, Gospelherald.com. This article sort of retraces the demise of Command & Conquer that was cancelled back in October 2013, and then it questions if EA are ever going to make another Command & Conquer game or just let the franchise die and be forgotten like so many past EA franchises before it. Here's a small sample....

If EA was going to make such an announcement this year, then they probably would have done that at E3 2015. E3, or the Electronic Entertainment Expo, is a big electronic gaming convention held annually in June at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The good news is that EA can probably play that "we're rebooting or simply releasing another Command and Conquer game" card at any time, and they will have devoted followers.

You can read the full article right here. Thanks @NightTrain45 for the news tip. Here at CNCNZ.com, we are looking towards Gamescom in August to see of EA have any plans or announcements about the future of Command & Conquer.

Seems like nothing more than random thoughts and a wishlist from the author.

Westwood Studios, creator of the mammoth gaming franchise, is no more thanks to EA Los Angeles buying them out in 2003.

Such ignorance... such lack of proofchecking...

According to PC Invasion, it doesn't look like the Command and Conquer franchise is going to resume at any time soon.

That relates to an article from November 2013 that bought the "new studio" BS post from EA when Victory Games was closed (and was debunked mere hours later).

It should be known that Command and Conquer: Generals 2 still has a place on Gamespot, with the words "Unknown Release Date" below it. Something tells me that this is one big placeholder, waiting for the day when EA finally announces that Command and Conquer is returning.

Proves nothing.

If EA was going to make such an announcement this year, then they probably would have done that at E3 2015.

Luckily for them, there are many gaming conventions they can announce something on, supposing they want to.

More on the topic from the title, I do expect EA to let it die a little more, possibly until they can deploy a version for the "new generation"...

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

I still defend the thesis that they will follow someone else that makes some presence.

Something thought of selling X and ended up selling 10X.

I fear the only C&C game we will see in the future will be some either a ****ty mobile phone game, or a ****ty browser game.

Either way... Future isn't looking to bright. :(

• Upvote 1

I fear the only C&C game we will see in the future will be some either a ****ty mobile phone game, or a ****ty browser game.

Either way... Future isn't looking to bright. :(

Yeah, I have the same feeling. C&C is very very low priority for EA and will probably remain that way until they see other RTS games taking off and making money. And even then, whatever talent is left in....whatever damn studio it is called now is not going to be even a tenth as good as it use to be anyway.

We have to admit to ourselves that after 20 years of service, C&C (as we "older" types may know it) is done for. Whatever EA and newer dev studios do with the series, it won't be the thing we fell in love with all those years ago. It'll be something else, something different.

That's not a bad thing, but it's not a good thing either if anyone is looking for more of the (good) old. Times change. Enjoy the old C&Cs and mods and whetever else we make ourselves for as long as you want - just don't count on EA or anything they manage to get their hands on regarding the series.

But - to be fair - I wouldn't mind a new C&C that's unlike all other C&C's. I mean, Generals was different as well, but it was still a damn good game. I would like at least something from EA, nothing is worse than letting the series die in silence.