Sign in to follow this  
Windforce

I have been making a RTS game since the day General2 was cancelled

Since general 2 was announced in 11th December. 2011, I think it is the game I most wanted, the vehicle, environment and combat are so realistic and beautiful, I kept on finding any materials about it since then, and I still remember the day that I heard General2 is cancelled, I can not get sleep that night.

If there is no one made such a RTS for me, I will do it myself, from the next morning, I began to start, by learning Unity engine.
Now it is done, the Armor Clash, with the respect to General 2 which I loved once.

It is on Steam Greenlight now, you can find it here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=488460557

You can also follow my facebook to get the latest news:
http://facebook.com/windforcegame

post-10305-0-56267100-1438656060_thumb.jpg

post-10305-0-20120100-1438656087_thumb.jpg

post-10305-0-96036300-1438656184_thumb.jpg

post-10305-0-09684100-1438217563_thumb.jpg

Announcement Trailer

In Armor Clash, missiles are fine crafted. Different phases of accelerating, smoke and glow effects, explosion effects are detailed, which give player realistic experience.

Edited by Windforce
Merged two back to back to posts from same user here

What you have so far looks really well crafted, but going from your greenlight page:

Atm you claim you are unable to do any sort of campaign and are only able to (stable) support 2 player skirmish matches, With a possibility for multiplayer lan in the future.

• You should try to rethink the campaign, with out a campaign you have basicly made a simple mod, and why pay for a mod, when you can dl free mods in other rts engines, i would think on making a campaign even if it doesn't mean cg videos and briefings. You can use 2d art, like a graphic novel, use your in game footage and camera(your models look detailed enough), a campaign isnt about expensive voice acting or cg, its about a good story that pulls you along with its gameplay.
  • Multiplayer: lan only won't cut it...you might have to look into settings up a server or the ability for match making with external programs like hamachi or so.
  • more player stability definitely a given thing to fix.
  • Maybe a kickstarter project would've been better then direct to greenlight? specially if you want to sell a paying product.

Anyway, good luck, some of the things you shown look promising.

What you have so far looks really well crafted, but going from your greenlight page:

Atm you claim you are unable to do any sort of campaign and are only able to (stable) support 2 player skirmish matches, With a possibility for multiplayer lan in the future.

• You should try to rethink the campaign, with out a campaign you have basicly made a simple mod, and why pay for a mod, when you can dl free mods in other rts engines, i would think on making a campaign even if it doesn't mean cg videos and briefings. You can use 2d art, like a graphic novel, use your in game footage and camera(your models look detailed enough), a campaign isnt about expensive voice acting or cg, its about a good story that pulls you along with its gameplay.
  • Multiplayer: lan only won't cut it...you might have to look into settings up a server or the ability for match making with external programs like hamachi or so.
  • more player stability definitely a given thing to fix.
  • Maybe a kickstarter project would've been better then direct to greenlight? specially if you want to sell a paying product.

Anyway, good luck, some of the things you shown look promising.

Thanks for your advice, I will keep on polishing it now.
1. LAN will be available within this month.
2. I will consider to make campaign maps after the early access.
3. I am not US citizen so I can not raise kickstarter. What I concern most now is the greenlight, I made video, post threads, update pages to introduce the game, but it still lack of attention, can you make some suggestions about it?
Unit Showcase: SA-8 Gecko
The 9K33 Osa (English: wasp) is a highly mobile, low-altitude, short-range tactical surface-to-air missile system. "9K33" is its GRAU designation. Its NATO reporting name is SA-8 Gecko. Its export version name is Romb.(From Wikipeida)
In Armor Clash, player can choose SA-8 Gecko in fire support class. It carries 6 rockets that can both attack air and ground units with a long range. All rockets will be fired at the same target, and will destroy a normal helicopter, but the long reload time may be the weakness.

11800543_934253843302753_118711259876973

Edited by Windforce

You tried on polakpotrafi.pl?

The unit name OSA suggest, that you may be polish :P

Osa is the real name of the vehicle..

You tried on polakpotrafi.pl?

The unit name OSA suggest, that you may be polish :P

Thanks, I will use the formal name of each unit in the game.

BTW. I updated some screenshots top.

This is going to turn out to be a RTS Unity 3D competition between Windforce's Armor Clash and the Chinese mod team on Generals 2.

T-90 and T-72

The T-90 is a Russian third-generation main battle tank that is essentially a modernisation of the T-72B, t was originally to be called the T-72BU, later renamed to T-90.(From Wikipedia)

In the game T-90 has faster speed than other heavy tanks. And T-72 tank will be a cheaper choice, player can form a large armor troop much earlier. Player can also get bonus T-72 tank from the neutral mercenary camp after clearing its guard.

post-10305-0-29523400-1438862092_thumb.jpg

Edited by Windforce