Sign in to follow this  
Stygs

Has anyone an old TT beta?

Hi there,

after finding the old Tiberian Twilight closed beta files on my external HD, I was wondering if anyone else here has one of the early TT builds.

Why? Because there is a lot of cut/unfinished stuff in TT and theres propably a lot more that was removed during the beta, hence I like to find an early version.

So far we have the files for

Beta 8 (released November 2009)

Beta 11 (released January 2010)

Edited by Stygs

I'll bet there will be more of those hidden Scrin assets in the earlier builds. :D

All I had is the latest CNC4 Beta.

Wouldnt bet on it - the Beta was MP only, so they propably removed them (just like the other Maps).

I am hoping for more GDI/Nod units.

On a related, but still not quite related note, does anyone have any of the RA3 betas? The only remaining source is Digiex.net, and to access their download database, you have to have at least 50 posts on their forums (which is rather absurd).

I'll bet there will be more of those hidden Scrin assets in the earlier builds. :D

Doubt that there is much scrin content in CNC4, but what I found names/leftovers for a couple of units in Beta8:

-a couple of Scrin Units for the Singleplayer

-a couple of TS legacy units (Orca Bomber, Disc Thrower, Wolverine), they seem to be from CnC Arena era (the KW Titan and Wolverine were also intented for Arena/TT, so I guess Arena was goint to have a lot of TS content)

-a couple of air/ground units that have no text desciption left (no idea what they could do) like a GDI Scout on a hoverbike, a wheelend Nod tank, couple of GDI aircraft and so on....

-the Conquer vehicles from the early beta (trucks that were used to capture neutral structures)

-old designs for the GDI Armadillo APC and Nod Vertigo (looks a lot more like an development of the TW design).

-some hints to GDI and Nod "Mega units" that might have been be some kind of epic unit (or maybe early KW designs as KW seemed to share some stuff with Arena)

-the naming conventions also indicates that a lot of early GDI/Nod infantry units were removed. The GDI ones seem to be based on a heavier version of the TW GDI soldier while the Nod ones use the TW/KW models. It is either a leftover from CnC Arena or at least one of the subfactions was going to use normal human soldiers instead of Zone Trooper/Cyborgs.

-some early infantry units mention squads, so I guess that was planned early on.

Edited by Stygs

-a couple of Scrin Units for the Singleplayer

Were there any names for them in the SP? Actually there were four Scrin units (seen in portrait icons) in the last beta. One of them was an anti-air suicide unit you called was the Shrike in TW Advanced mod.

No, all I could find where the internal names (note that icons are very TW looking, so they might have been from an very early TT/Arena build):

Scrin Infantry A

ScrinInfantryA_zpsghxger6k.jpg

This is called Portrait_AlienInfantryA in the files, so it would be the very basic infantry for the scrin. There is also another icon for it called Portrait_AlienInfantryASquad, but that has just the name written on it. However, the "Squad" thing in the name and the TW icon style might indicate that the Scrin untis were leftovers from an early CnC Arena prototype and not releated to TT at all.

Scrin Vehicle D

ScrinVehicleD_zpsbghppp3r.jpg

Looks like infantry, but it is clearly called a vehicle in the files.

Scrin Vehicle F

ScrinVehicleF_zpskiixlipq.jpg

Looks like aircraft, but it is clearly called a vehicle in the files.

Scrin Vehicle L

ScrinVehicleL_zpsa3kdfqen.jpg

Not much to say about it, seems like a high tier vehicle. Sounds also refer to some kind of "claw".

Scrin Aircraft A

The only leftover is a icon with the name written on it so I have no clue what exactly it was, but the letter A indicated a very basic air unit, possible a Storm Rider successor.

Edited by Stygs

Oh... those are interesting... I kind of feel bad about deleting my beta now. I think I stopped updating at beta 4, and I actually hung onto it for a good while too out of the novelty. However, once I got a copy of the full game, I did finally erase it.

Yeah, I should have opened this topic year ago - the chances to get an really early one are quite low now.

However, I got Beta5 which should be one of the first versions that were addvaible.

Could you all share your beta files?

I got somewhere c&c4 and RA3 beta files on a external hdd or a disk, no clue what the version I had though, and don't sure where I put them

I wonder if the very old build of TT actually hold scrin 3D models and not just names and pictures

I didn't checked deeply in the final TT files but always wondered if there are scrin's leftover models that we can use for mods

However, I got Beta5 which should be one of the first versions that were addvaible.

Yeah, I was in the secret super early beta testing (I think it started 29 September 2009), that's why I had even older betas.

Well, I was at the CommandCom2009 and I think the first Beta that I got was either 4 or 5. The files for the Beta5 I have here are dated 21.10.2009, so I would guess Beta4 was released in September and everything before was for EA only or the CommandCom presentation.

I wonder if the very old build of TT actually hold scrin 3D models and not just names and pictures

The released version of TT contains sounds for all the Scrin units I found and some particle effects (pretty generic firing FX that dont fit into TW) and I guess thats all we are ever goint to get - after all, the released betas were multiplayer only.

I distandly remember playing around with the game during CommandCom and seeing some unfinished map (singeplayer I guess), but Beta5 contains only two MP maps and thats it.

btw, I just looked it up and Beta5 contains names + desciption text for the GDI Arcus Bomber (a campaign only unit) but no model for it, so they definatly made sure to keep the SP content out of the beta. There are no mentions of Scrin units in the text files, so I guess they had scrapped them before beta.

Edited by Stygs

I see ;/

Too bad

Would like to get more scrin units to mod with since there's not much of them out there

Btw you made me curios

How that scrin fx look like? Do you have a pic or a video?

Edited by Egozi44

Oh yea I forgot

can anyone of you take a look on the Ironback's voice from your betas and tell me if you were able to find more voices?

I will be glad to add more of them to the download link at moddb

You can download the last version voice and some of the beta voices on moddb and compare

http://www.moddb.com/members/egozi44/addons/cc4-mutants-sound-pack

http://www.moddb.com/members/egozi44/addons/cc4-ironback-beta-sound-pack