Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Origin On the House - Get Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge for Free

f4mAem6.png

Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge is the latest offer in Origin's On the House promotion. All you need is an EA account, the Origin client installed on your computer, and it's yours to download for free. You can get more information right here, so claim your free copy of Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge now. Thanks to FunkyFr3sh for the news tip.

• Upvote 2

well, I have finally been convinced to own origin.

I'm ****ing tired of trying to make TFD work.

I'm ****ing tired of trying to make TFD work.

If this didn't work for you, then you'll still have hell trying to get it to work with the Origin release.

Hehe, the game is downloaded so intensely they had to temporarily remove it :D

From the On The House page:

Looking for Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2 and Yuri’s Revenge™?
  • Wow, you guys are loving Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2 and Yuri’s Revenge™On the House! the demand is so high that we need some time to cool down our servers. Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2 and Yuri’s Revenge™ will return to on the house very shortly.

Thanks for being patient!

LOL. RA2 is probably the most demanding free promo game in Origin's On The House of all time, even over Battlefield 3. Something tells me many people don't have RA2/YR.

Maybe RA2/YR should have been freeware so EA doesn't have to deal with this crowded server mess.

IMO, C&C Red Alert/Counterstrike/Aftermath > C&C RA2/Yuri's Revenge.

Edited by zocom7

Something tells me many people don't have RA2/YR.

There are those attracted by freebies (duh). There are those completely oblivious to any sort of fix for RA2/YR for modern systems (don't get me started). There are users of original discs or pirated releases. There are those attracted by anything C&C, with that release being their ten trillionth copy of the games (for archiving, testing, troubleshooting, ease of access...). I'm pretty sure less than 10% of all who are interested have never had a single copy of RA2/YR.

IMO, C&C Red Alert/Counterstrike/Aftermath > C&C RA2/Yuri's Revenge.

*sigh*

I was really hopeing that something like this would happen with the Origin server. First time this has happened with it as far as I'm aware and it should def send a message to EA that there is demand for a new C&C game

Edited by Troopzor