Sign in to follow this  
Uberwire

NPatch / RockPatch?

I'd like to know why can't I download them from http://www.vk.cncguild.net/?

When I want to download NPatch chrome says It may harm my browsing experience, I tried RockPatch and it says NOT FOUND...

Any other site?

Thus I'd like help for installing.. what to put where and stuff..

Before anyone's gonna barf out "Searching wont hurt.. *gives link to something I already tried which still doesn't work", I made this thread for a reason.. because I couldn't find what I'm looking for, every other thread leads to the same location that doesn't help.

Edited by Uberwire

When I want to download NPatch chrome says It may harm my browsing experience

Ignore the message and override it. Or download it through IE or Firefox (FF also blocks it, but leaves the option of downloading anyway).

NPSE wont install into my YR (It says that It's modded), I don't know the version of my YR though..

Can you at least give me a clue how to modify the files without using any patch?

I assume it just needs YR patched to 1.001, but I don't know whether or not it reads cracked or 1.000 EXEs.

You don't actually need NPatch or RockPatch for modding. They're obsolete anyway, and have been superseded by Ares which, unless you really really need its features, is also not necessary for modding.

You just need XCC Utilities, with which you can extract and place all sorts of files from/to the game's .mix archives.

I don't really need It's features, I just looked forward to try it out.

XCC Utilities sound better, I'll try them out, thanks though

RockPatch/NPatch don't actually do anything with actually modding the game. They're just EXE extensions, but Ares is a DLL injector. If you want more features, you should go with Ares. We need more people using it...

When It comes to adding countries or sides, where is the 'file?' for adding it? I know I can't add them through rulesmd.ini

Depends on what it is you're trying to do. If you use Ares, you need to use it and add the appropriate information into the rules file and the appropriate assets.

I downloaded it and works satisfying.

Just one question.. since I'm new to Ares, it says that I need to put the mod files inside launchbase/moddirectory/video, by mod files, obviously means rulesmd, artmd, etc.

But are they supposed to be mix'd and the mix should be in the video folder?

Simply I'm not familiar with it... there should be tutorials for ares mods

Edited by Uberwire

You need the Ares package then you execute it by using Syringe. There's tutorials on how to use it. It's really not that hard.

Necro post, yeah, I know. I feel like this is worth saying regardless (come at me)

Whoever is really lazy like me, I have something to simplify the implementation of Ares for you

Simply download it from the website, extract all the files into your game directory and then go to RunAres.bat ... Just double click it and it'll launch YR with Ares. (If you're looking for RunAres.bat in the windows file explorer search bar, please note that it won't run if you find and execute it from there)

It's also cool to make a shortcut for it and drag it onto your desktop instead of going to your game directory every time.

Everything you can do with Ares can be found here: http://ares-developers.github.io/Ares-docs/

Edited by Muhammad Ali

He was having trouble understanding the whole Launch Base process (retarded process in my opinion). That post was for people like him who assume that you MUST use Launch Base and people who stay away from it due to it being 'complicated' when it's really not. I agree with what you said earlier, we need more people using Ares and since I saw an opportunity to help those who have interest in it, I took it