Sign in to follow this  
te uri

Installing C&C Games in Windows 10

I can't install any cnc games in windows 10 possibly due to DRM management. I'm considering buying command & conquer the ultimate collection. Has anyone downloaded this and using successfully in windows 10

The DRM is somewhat different for TUC and shouldn't have issues with Windows 10.

You can also tell us WHICH games you're having trouble installing.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

hi Plokite Wolf I can't install red alert 2 yuri's revenge generals zero hour red alert 3 and tiberium wars. When installing they all say removing applications then carry on installing but fail to finish. I downloaded the free RA2 & yuri from origin the game goes to the main menu but I can't do anything origin are selling 17 c&c games updated for windows 7 for $25.00 thought this may be a good oiption

Tiberium Wars, Kane's Wrath, Red Alert 3 and Uprising don't have issues on Windows 10. Perhaps you need to browse to the respective discs' content and run cnc3std.msi (or RA3's equivalent) as administrator. They may take quite a while to install (even up to half an hour), so be patient.

RA2 and YR have problems with SafeDisc copy protection, but the Origin release doesn't have that problem. Make sure you're running game.exe and gamemd.exe as administrator, in compatibility mode for Windows 98 and in 16-bit colour mode.

Generals and Zero Hour can install, but the version from the old CDs from 2003 also have problems with SafeDisc. I'll PM you a solution shortly.

TUC should only be bought if absolutely necessary. It comes with problems of its own.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

RA3 & tiberium wars up and running Thanks Origin RA2 still can't do anything on main menu

RA3 & tiberium wars up and running Thanks Origin RA2 still can't do anything on main menu

Disable Origin for RA2/YR.

Download and install the fixed TUC launchers: http://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-collection-launchers/

Then follow these instructions: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=4296.msg31975#msg31975

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

RA 2 origin version now runs but too slow to use. down loade free tiberium sun an dthat also runs to slow. no luck with generals