Sign in to follow this  
ztz2019

Weak on rending texture, so any talent could help me?

Who can help me rending a group of CC3-style texture? Both the diffuse(with some details such as engine hood,sunk rivet, welding line), the normal and the specular map?

0067u1Szjw1ex2pamdzntj30hs0dctap.jpg

I tried myself, but it's unsatisfactory.

0067u1Szjw1ex2palvuduj30hs0dc76m.jpg0067u1Szjw1ex2p78lcztj30sg0sgaoa.jpg0067u1Szjw1ex2p5xx8ahj30sg0sg42x.jpg

And if need max and uvw file, just call me in private message.

Edited by ztz2019

Yohoo~~

Any genesis could help me? I tried crazybump and PS's nvidia tool, both normal maps are unsatisfying.

I think the only one who can actually help you aside the two TW/KW's sages (you know who I referring to :P )

Is Madin, but he/she rarely showed any interested in making stuff for others or help them in general, well at least from what I saw, (and it was really little) feel free to ask him/her though as you may get surprise result

Ravendark and Stygs may also have the knowledge for this task but I don't think they have time or will to mess with textures xD

Then again, I don't them so I can't tell you what they really will do, you can try to ask them too

There are also various modders in C&C groups in moodb that may can help you, I in one of their Skype group and can ask them, but I don't sure they have time for it, they have a lot of job in their own mods and games

Edited by Egozi44

Here is a tutorial that you can pick up at any point (eg skip to the texturing section): http://cgi.tutsplus.com/series/next-gen-video-game-hot-rod-the-complete-workflow--cg-30536

It is nice that you are already trying your own texturing, you will of course improve over time, and it is much better to have your own ability to complete assets, rather than waiting for other people (which is very unreliable, I speak from experience).

creating a convincing skin is like painting a decal on a car...they don't paint it in one go, they paint it in sessions and layers on top of eachother. What you have allready should be considered as you bottom coating, now work your details and colors ontop of that. Save those details in seperate layers, it will be easier to convert them to normal maps later. a really good thing to do is create your rudamentary diffuse, your normal map then map them in max to your mesh (with max's material editor not the c&c plugin one.) then bake a oclusion map with both difuse and normal aplied. Altho the plugin doesnt use oclusion maps directly, you can use that oclussion map as a overlay withyour difuse...play abit with the overlay settings and you can enrich your difuse that way, the oclusion will add to the details.

There are a crap load of tips but the biggest i can give is work in sessions, like painting its ok to paint over sertain parts or accentuate them out with a filter or effect to create a sense of dept or weathering etc.