Sign in to follow this  
Fandore

animation/model not showing up in viewer

i am having a problem when i save this particular model, the crab drone. i rigged it up and tried exporting it, i exported it as a XML hierarchical animated model as normal, it did not show, i deleted the skin and went back to just the basic model, exported it via hierarchical model and tried this, it did not work... nothing seems to work, i have the textures and all but i cannot see crap... this normally does not happen and everything works fine. i checked the log to see if anything was out of place... nothing... i dont get it.. i even checked if the geometry was being exported through the 3ds tools, yep, it was checked... is there something messed up in max that could cause this? what the heck am i doing wrong?

Edited by Fandore

Custom shader? the viewer uses pre compiled shaders to render things..if you made a new shader but didnt add it to the viewer it might not show it. possibly.

Does it show up ingame?

no thats not it, the shaders i use always show up... i dont get this one.... it says it compiles right and seems to go through...

i think its my settings, is there a way i can change the settings back to default in max.... i even tried exporting the thing but that also did not work

Edited by Fandore

what the heck am i doing wrong?

Providing hardly any information, visual or otherwise, and hoping that people can solve your issue!

You never answered as to whether it shows up in-game. If it is not visible, do you hear any sounds indicating that the unit is invisible?

Have you tried loading the unit up with W3X viewer? (or is it W3X viewer you are having issues with? you do not say).

How about screen shots of your Max export settings, or of the unit not showing up in game. How about a screen dump of the build log, so clues can be found? How about a look at the 3D max shader settings? or the 3D max export log?

ok i got half of it working, however, i think i might not be saving the textures in the right format... im trying to save it as a .dds, if you know the proper settings, it would really help!

ok i got half of it working, however, i think i might not be saving the textures in the right format... im trying to save it as a .dds, if you know the proper settings, it would really help!

Your doing it again!

How am I (or anyone else) supposed to know what your texture is, and what effect you are going for, if you do not say or show the texture?

Is it a blended alpha texture? is it a one bit alpha texture? (for masking), are you building a house colour texture to use on the GDI shader?

More information please!

Edited by Madin

I assume he fixed it by now, most likely was issue with the dds pulsing?

Better post the answer in case other people will get similar issue and want to know wth gone wrong :3

yeah, it was the actual plug in, something corrupted in the .dds plug in and caused the texture files to corrupt... i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, that fixed the issue.