davdav

Subtitles for C&C3 / KW

43. How can I enable subtitles in movies for C&C3/KW?

They are not available in English versions except for foreign versions only. Kodaemon had released subtitles for both C&C3 and KW and they work for the English versions for C&C3/KW. You can get them in the Mod SDK Tools page. However the subtitles are messed up and some parts of the text(s) cannot be shown in all types of screen monitors. Once you put the subtitles in C&C3/KW, you cannot disable them in the options menu (because it's not available) unless you remove the files.

So, I've been searching and I don't seem to be able to find those Kodaemon's subtitles for C&C3 and KW. I found the mod by zocom7 which apparently has his subtitles included, but it modifies the game in a massive scale and I just want the original games with subtitles on the cutscenes.

Where exactly should I be looking?

Thanks in advance :)

I know for a fact English subtitles exist for KW, as they appear in its string file (albeit with typos). All my attempts to enable them were left fruitless, though :/

As for the Mod SDK page, I think that refers to the old official forums that are now inaccessible.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Well I was supposed to update the C&C3 Mod SDK FAQs last week but an error has occurred in editing the first post and the title thread, thinking it wants me to enter a post. As of now I cannot do anything to change that unless Sonic fixes that issue.

As for the C&C3/KW subtitles, here you go (on behalf of Kodaemon): http://bit.ly/1LA0alC

Edited by zocom7

Woah, thank you, so much! But... where should I copy those files to? Tried the lang-english/1.9/ folder but it didnt work.

Nvm, I think I just got them working. I modified the config.txt file in that location and added this line:

add-big subtitles.big

Thank you very much =)

Thanks, dav. I believe you could have put them in the Core 1.0 directory of C&C3. It was easier using the subtitles via a mod. :)

Great... so EA gone through the trouble of Making subtitles but never added any proper way in the settings to make them work?

When it was released KW didn't felt like super rushed game (aside campaign options and DC bugs) at least for me

But when you take a second look you just find game with ton of bugs that EALA even solved in TW with patchs but never bothered to add these bugs fixes to KW...

Way to go EA

Is there any way to add the subtitles to my mod without mess anything for the sake of perfection?

Now that CGF from Gamereplay let's me look at his files I able to fix even more bugs from what I already fixed

I may end up making UOP 1.04 the most stable game that ever been made so far xD

Edited by Egozi44

KW was not developed by EALA.

I see, either ways is there any want to add the subtitles to the mod, but only when the subtitle option is on on? (wait is KW even have subtitles button in the settings? o_o)

You can add the option in the settings, but I am no EA developer and programmer, not unless you hack and edit the settings menu to include more options in there including "no superweapons" option other than spawning random crates in the skirmish menu.