Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Throwback Thursday for 17th December

SkYmzPk.jpg

Throwback Thursday for this week pays tribute to arguably the most iconic unit of them all, the mighty Mammoth Mk. II from Tiberian Sun in 1999. GDI's unmatched quadrupedal walker was designed to change of the course of any battle. It was a brutal combination of raw power, heavy armour and awesome fire-power thanks to it's Rail Guns. Its very clear that Westwood Studios were inspired by the the AT-AT's from the Star Wars franchise for the design of the Mammoth Mk. II. And of course we have always liked the Mammoth Mk. II here at CNCNZ.com, as it has featured in the layout of our site for many years now.

Remember, you can click on the preview to see a larger and more detailed image. Don't forget to check out the Throwback Thursdays archives if you've missed a week. Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #ThrowbackThursday, #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

Guest Stevie_K

The ridiculousness of this unit is what makes it so awesome for me.

I remember using a carryall to try and sneak it in behind enemy bases in multiplayer. Not super effective I have to say.

Imo the AT-AT look ugly

Mastadon on the other hand, while not being perfect looking look way more awesome as a walker