Sign in to follow this  
Chimas

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak - RTS

fetchUID.INBOX317-600x344.png

Hi

The project used to be Hardware: Shipbreakers. I have mentioned it some times over the years. The studio, Blackbird Interactive partnered up with Gearbox, 2 years ago and now the game changed name and will be released in late January.

Site link : http://www.desertsofkharak.com/

Promo video:

I only recently heard about this. Does this have base building and stuff? That big unit from the trailer looks like some sort of command/HQ unit.

I haven't played yet (didn't make part of the tests), but I believe it is a classic RTS. Don't know how resources work though.

A traditional land base appears in the cinematics, not sure about in-game itself. Also those HQ will (probably) work like CARRIERS.

The game will have "jeeps" and "SVUs" that goes inside other vehicles and so on ...

I have fond memories of Homeworld. But I better get Starcraft and finish that off first...

So HW: DoK came out recently. Does anyone have checked it out? It's a great game, lots of tactics.

Got it, if you are a homeworld fan, then i can highly recommend it. Same atmosphere, gameplay feel and everything, good story telling aswell. On the long run it suffers on replayability just like most rts enless you are heavely into multiplayer or when the mods come out. The campaign is decent in length, several hours.

I've seen a few reviews, sounds like hte AI is retarded... But then that wouldn't really be anything unusual in an RTS. :)

Might get it when it goes up on sale. :)