Sign in to follow this  
ZEROHOURPRO

Missions bug

Hey,

I'm playing Generals Zero Hour under Win7 64bit. I run it in compatibility mode and it works nicely, however I've noticed a bug which I don't get in regular Generals-when I finish a mission etc. USA campaign medium difficulty mission 1, I do not get the "Continue" button, I only get "Play Again?" and "End" and I do not get a safefile in Load list so I cannot start mission 2 USA.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this problem?

I also use Windows 7 64 bit and don't have this issue. Which version fo the game do you have? Original disc version? The First Decade? Origin version?

Also, does saving in general work?

Hey,

I'm playing Generals Zero Hour under Win7 64bit. I run it in compatibility mode and it works nicely, however I've noticed a bug which I don't get in regular Generals-when I finish a mission etc. USA campaign medium difficulty mission 1, I do not get the "Continue" button, I only get "Play Again?" and "End" and I do not get a safefile in Load list so I cannot start mission 2 USA.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this problem?

I have heared of this kind of "bug" before, but usually the person effected by it will also experience their bases blowing up after a min or more so of gameplay. It is a cheesy anti piracy thing.

Now if this is not the case and you are working of a legit version...dl the latest patch.

If its a origin version:

a. are you running of a pre existing origin after you reinstalled your pc? it could be its a registry issue wich can be solved by reinstalling origin and gen/zh after that.

b. just re-dl/re-install gen/zh through origin otherwise and try again.

A solution if you have a legit version but are using a no-cd crack/fixed exe....get a more recent/other version.

Edited by Nmenth
removed notes on piracy circumvention

Sir, I know Origin but I didn't buy the game from there. I bought the game a long time ago(possibly in 2006.) I use Origin but I installed this game using CD's with original CD keys which I've bought in a shop. I am using Alcohol 120% to mount image of the CD's on my virtual drive so I do not have to insert CDs every time I start the game. I also installed ZH1.04 patch in order to install Shockwave,which is in my opinion the best mod for Zero Hour.

Well when I saw this I googled about the "Anti-Privacy" part of the game. Maybe it was triggered because I changed my network adapter's MAC address and my hwid.

Although I could play both Skirmish and on the LAN.

I saw some fixing which took part in the registry and I've tried it. And yes!- the genious who wrote it didn't write it correctly and he didn't warn anyone that he might even lose ability to play skirmish. And now here am I reinstalling the game. You (well not technically) blocked me out of playing games vs my family. ;D

Nevermind, the installation may fix the campaign issue, although I don't take faith in it.

Have a merry XMAS and a happy new year, I know you wanted to help!!!

I will post if the issue is resolved so other players with this issue may see it-I didn't see a similar topic about ZH on the Internet as far as I've looked.

Well, I removed the game with Revo Uninstaller and later on I deleted My Documents folders for the games and YES! the game worked-I've just finished mission one and I got mission 2 in Load. :D

Thanks for help nonetheless.