Sign in to follow this  
TaxOwlbear

Let's Play Command & Conquer Red Alert

It's time to take on Command & Conquer Red Alert, the sequel to the original Command & Conquer and one of the most beloved (if not the most beloved) C&C game. The Allied campaign is already finished and can be found

The first Soviet mission is probably one of the easiest C&C missions ever. You really have to go out of your way to lose it.

• Upvote 1

The second Soviet mission (both versions) isn't too much of a challenge either. The most dangerous foe in this mission is probably the ore truck!

• Upvote 1

It's time to take on Command & Conquer Red Alert, the sequel to the original Command & Conquer and one of the most beloved (if not the most beloved) C&C game. The Allied campaign is already finished and can be found

The first Soviet mission is probably one of the easiest C&C missions ever. You really have to go out of your way to lose it.

Nice work with these videos @TaxOwlbear :thumbsup:

In that first Soviet mission it was funny to the see the planes that drop the reinforcements just fly off and get stuck on the edge of the map :)

Yeah, because what is found beyond the edge of the map in TD (and apparently RA1) doesn't refresh until you go to the Options menu.

What kind of a village has oil barrels, and scattered around at that, anyway? :P

In that first Soviet mission it was funny to the see the planes that drop the reinforcements just fly off and get stuck on the edge of the map :)

Those planes go to the same place the engineer goes to after he took over a building. ;)

What kind of a village has oil barrels, and scattered around at that, anyway? :P

They seem to be cold. See how a couple of those villagers stand around a single barrel like it's a hobo barrel fire? :)

And now for the infamous spy mission. This gave me quite a bit of trouble when I played it for the first time back in the day. After you know the maps, it becomes much easier, though.

This one is a pretty fun mission. We gte our hand son heavy tanks for the first time and have the straightforward job to kill everyone around.

It didn't work this time, but what I used to do was scout the island, land paaratroopers and then blow up the Allied MCV and deny them the second base. Man, did I feel clever for doing that!

It's another one of those convoy missions, but this time, we can control the lorries. Thanks, I appreciate that.

Here is the infamous nuclear power plant mission. When I first saw this, I was blown away by the fact that this is an indoor mission!

Also, this plant explodes like a thermonuclear bomb because this is a video game.

Time to zap some tanks. And people. Let's not forget the people.

This version of the map felt easier. I had the feeling that the ore wasn't running out as fast and that I had waste less time hunting ships.

Am i the only one disappointed you did normal commentary? Was looking forward to some napoleon references there. Maybe do a Neil Degrass Tyson kind of commentary like: "Did you know that exiling a hobbit sized Frenchman to a region famous for food and wine and allowing him to keep his retinue of staff isn't really a punishment?" "****ty diplomacy and intrigues of a court done right, see it in RA1"

Edited by Ravendark

To be honest, I don't even know who Neil Degrass Tyson is. I do videos they way I like to watch them myself, mostly.

To be honest, I don't even know who Neil Degrass Tyson is. I do videos they way I like to watch them myself, mostly.

He is a astrophysicist who gained popularity through podcasts but also appears on some videos on the net, usually disproving or pointing out flaws in pseudo scientific films.

Don't get me wrong i like your videos, hence why i watch them obviously. I just find it interesting that no one knows or even cares for certain historic geographical locations. Napoleons actions had a profound influence on Europe both in military and socio economic effects. Elba island was his first place of exile, then he tried again years later and after he was defeated in waterloo he got exiled again but to St. Helena. His first exile was more of a luxurious retreat...banishing a frenchmen to a region that is known for its wine and gourmet....doesn't seem much like a punishment. Hence my joking comment.

I watch alot of c&c/ra etc gameplays, and i always fall over when you have a mission somewhere historically significant like Coventry, Warshau, Normandy etc etc and almost none of the lets players makes a comment on being in that spot (again)

Besides from that keep up the videos. I do enjoy them. :thumbsup:

But just know il'be going

hobbz6.jpg

Whenever you walk past something historical cool!

I remember being stuck here the first time I played this on hard mode. Definitely a step up from previous missions.

Also, how about we stop driving really important lorries through enemy territory? Or did the Allies command-raid it right from the USSR or something.

He is a astrophysicist who gained popularity through podcasts but also appears on some videos on the net, usually disproving or pointing out flaws in pseudo scientific films.

Don't get me wrong i like your videos, hence why i watch them obviously. I just find it interesting that no one knows or even cares for certain historic geographical locations. Napoleons actions had a profound influence on Europe both in military and socio economic effects. Elba island was his first place of exile, then he tried again years later and after he was defeated in waterloo he got exiled again but to St. Helena. His first exile was more of a luxurious retreat...banishing a frenchmen to a region that is known for its wine and gourmet....doesn't seem much like a punishment. Hence my joking comment.

I watch alot of c&c/ra etc gameplays, and i always fall over when you have a mission somewhere historically significant like Coventry, Warshau, Normandy etc etc and almost none of the lets players makes a comment on being in that spot (again)

This probably happens because C&C itself pays veeeery little attention to those details. The border in RA1 are 1989 borders for some reason. In the St. Petersburg mission they talk about ships on the Volga... which doesn't pass through St. Petersburg. There's snow in southern Spain! Stuff like that.

Just how many lorries do we have to babysit throughout this game, and why are we transporting valuable equipment through enemy territory AGAIN?

This isn't exactly my favorite mission. The map is designed to make maneuvering as obnoxious as possible, and the edges of the map feel really artificial here.

Here's the whole thing all over again, but with more planes and less choppers:

Edited by TaxOwlbear

I promise, this is the last time we have to deal with that Chronosphere:

It's on: Here is the invasion of England and final mission of the game.