Sign in to follow this  
Tim Scholtens

Tib tower to faction and second coder for my mod.

Hi guys, I have been having this problem to change the refinery with the tib tower for each faction, so the economy will be filled automatically with the stats of 500 CR but with a max of build of 5. I tried replacing the refinery with the tib tower, but the building does nothing (like it that it still is a neutral building).

Second thing is I need some extra coders or coder for my mod Evolutions: Real Time Strategy Evolved, a mod that brings Halo to a RTS perspective for the game Commmand & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, allot of work have already been done, but doing all the code alone is taking age's and to be honest I'm still not that advanced with the coding of Tiberium Wars. What I'm searching for coder is some-one that can replace the buildings, and special command powers to be replaced with the Halo one's, and our content, and also (this would be a big help) known how to make custom particle's.

My work will still be the coding part, and texture's, and some 3d model and animation. But I still have some trouble's with some specific coding which I need help with.

You wont be standing outside of my source code, however this is only if you can provide some great references of mods you have been working on, and the people where I can ask if this information is correct, since I dont want my mod to be leaked on the internet.

So if you can help me with how I can make a automatic economy with a build limit of 5 supply depots, that would be great, and if you are interrested in helping out with the mod, please contact me here or on moddb.

Here is the link to my mod, and profile.

moddb mod page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/halo-evolutions

moddb profile:http://www.moddb.com/members/taxikiller

There were already Halo mods for C&C which all got cease and desist letters from Microsoft.

Wasnt that because M-soft can't stand it if you use the word Halo in any form in your product? Rumor is they even tried to sue Jeebus Christ :o

Also:

try to add the following to your supply depot:

MaxSimultaneousOfType="5"

and in behavior section:

<AutoDepositUpdate
                InitialCaptureBonus="0" 
                DepositInterval="10s"
                DepositAmount="500"
                GiveNoXP="true"
                Flags="ACTIVE_WHEN_REPAIRING"/>

Remember, you need to have some sort of money storage aviable... else you wont recieve credits...refineries come with storage, tib towers don't, so add a storage amount per tower or infinite storage + kindof:

FS_MONEY_STORAGE

and

<DistributedMoney
                id="ModuleTag_DistributedMoney"
                Capacity="2000" 
                OnDieSpawnPercentage="0" />

Capacity="99999999" for infinite

Try something like that. I would try to work of the tib silo xml instead of the refinery or tibtower and add the required code to that, it would involve less altering then turning a civ tech building into a working building.

Don;t forget to also alter your skirmish ai files to reflect that your new supply building is your resource gatherer etc, else your ai will get hung up building refineries wich aree useless or none existing anymore:

LimitedProductionEconomyStructure="GDIRefinery" --> supplypad
WorkerGathererTemplate="GDIHarvester" --> not sure if you can leave this empty or if you need to create a fake unit.

Edited by Ravendark