Sign in to follow this  
thekipper

Can't install TFD 1.03 patch and TS will not run

Hi,

I can't get the patch installed on Windows 10, it says it's missing a file. I have redownloaded multiple times but still no go with the Origin Ultimate Edition.

However, when I try to patch my First Decade installation (installed from discs) it will patch.However, I still cannot get Tiberium Sun to work (from the First Decade discs).

1. I'm assuming that TFD 1.03 rev 4 patch is not compatible with Ultimate Edition from Origin?

2. Any ideas how to get Tiberium Sun working, even from the TFD discs? I've download a TS launcher but still no go.

All of this is on a XPS laptop with current drivers, running at 1920 x 1080. I'd love to get the games running at that resolution if possible.

Sorry for such questions on first post...I've been playing these games forever and I'd love, love to get them working!

Thanks!

I can't get the patch installed on Windows 10, it says it's missing a file. I have redownloaded multiple times but still no go with the Origin Ultimate Edition.

It wasn't designed to be used on TUC. In fact, when it was last updated, TUC didn't even exist.

The only thing you can try (but I really can't guarantee it will work) is to disable Origin functionality for each game within TUC manually, install Bibber's fixed launchers and then attempt to use the TFD patch. Most of its fixes are obsolete, though.

Any ideas how to get Tiberium Sun working, even from the TFD discs? I've download a TS launcher but still no go.

Install this fix. http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3438.0

All of this is on a XPS laptop with current drivers, running at 1920 x 1080. I'd love to get the games running at that resolution if possible.

TIBERIAN DAWN

First patch the game to 1.06c revision 3. Then, in the game's directory, open CCConfig.exe and set it up from there.

RED ALERT 1

First patch the game using this patcher. Then, in the game's directory, open RedAlertConfig.exe and set it up from there.

TIBERIAN SUN / FIRESTORM

First patch the game using the patcher I already mentioned. Then, in the game's directory, open TSConfig.exe and set it up from there.

RED ALERT 2 / YURI'S REVENGE

First patch RA2 with this and YR with this. Then, when you launch the games, more resolution options should appear in your Options menu.

RENEGADE

It has native support for high resolutions, I think.

GENERALS / ZERO HOUR

Get GenTool and set up the resolution in the games' Option menus.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Hi! Thanks very much for the quick and informative reply! I'll probably uninstall TFD and start over with your tips. So i don't need TFD 1.03 patch at all? I want to be sure I understand exactly what you mean:)

Edited by thekipper

It would actually be a good idea to start with the TFD patch and apply the rest of the fixes upon that. If you want to run the games without the DVD, that is.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf