ItrjNts.jpg

We are going back to multiple years for this week's Throwback Thursday. Many of the Command & Conquer games began life with a different logo to what see on the box covers for them today. During the alpha/beta stages of development of the original Command & Conquer in 1994, the game featured a slightly different logo. We don't know what made Westwood change it though. Fast forward to 1999/2000, Red Alert 2 was announced featuring an odd looking logo, it was soon changed one that matched the first Red Alert logo. In 2001, Yuri's Revenge was announced with a simplistic looking design, this was also changed later to fit with the Red Alert 2 style. In 2006 when Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Was was revealed, EA used a very different looking C&C logo, with a modernised twist and a big green stylised number 3 behind it. The logo was redesigned some months later and looked much better. In 2008, Red Alert 3 was announced sporting a very eye catching logo, complete with backwards lettering to go with the game's Russian artwork theme. The logo was changed to a more simple looking one though. But I think it would have been cool to keep the first one. Of all these unused logos for C&C games, which one looks the best to you?

Remember, you can click on the preview to see a larger and more detailed image. Don't forget to check out the Throwback Thursdays archives if you've missed a week. Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #ThrowbackThursday, #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

Red Alert 1 had a slightly different logo as well.

gallery_579_21_24483.jpg

From the CnC Source gallery - Original ad

This is pre-release box art and logo from the RA1 demo

There's another RA1 logo as well.

and another

Sole Survivor had a different logo too.

There are also the different TS logos, but they were only shown in the Platinum edition manual if I remember correctly.

Edited by Tore

IIRC KW also had similar temporary logo like TW did, just in red

Edit

Yup I was right

old one

LOGO.jpg

The one we know

logo.jpg

I recall it from back at the day when I saw pre-order images for KW

Edited by Egozi44

Red Alert 1 had a slightly different logo as well.

gallery_579_21_24483.jpg

From the CnC Source gallery - Original ad

This is pre-release box art and logo from the RA1 demo

There's another RA1 logo as well.

and another

Sole Survivor had a different logo too.

There are also the different TS logos, but they were only shown in the Platinum edition manual if I remember correctly.

Oh I would love to have that top image as a poster. ^_^