CyberFaction

Command And Conquer Game Files Does Anyone Have Them

I was wandering if anyone still has the game files of the cancelled command and conquer generals 2 and if anyone is willing to share them. I would to have loved to play that game. This may sound crazy but would it be possible to change the game's files so that the game doesn't connect to EA's servers and we can just play local games or we can use the game's assets to make a mod that is mostly like the cancelled free to play but it would require the original generals zero hour. And would it be possible to change the game a little so that it doesn't have any "unwanted free to play mechanics". I mean the ranking and unlocks are OK with me but we could get rid of the idea of a premium and buying in game money with real money. Or we could just have it classic command and conquer where there are no unlocks.

So does anyone still have the game files and is it possible to do what I just said?

That would require a ton of reverse engineering. For that, you need to decompile the main executable and possibly a few other files. Unless you have both skill and time/patience, don't bother.

As for a ZH mod, a Chinese team has been working on one for quite a while. It got to ModDB's Top 100 in December. http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-generals-2

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Thank You for replying and giving the link to the mod I may consider looking into it and consider trying the mod. By the way are there any standalone mods for c&c generals that are like generals 2 or any other standalone mods?

Thanks

So does anyone still have the game files

Despite it being cancelled it is still copyrighted property of EA so it can't be distributed anyway.

As for the game files, I used to give some of those assets away but now the links are gone: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/18449-early-black-friday-free-giveaway

Do you or anyone else have another link containing full game files including the main executable if not then I guess the assets will be OK. So far I haven't been please with the internet anything I find that is close is a torrent or either a fake SCAM!!. Totally not what i'm looking for. I'm thinking of executing this plan in my spare time. There is one question that bothers me will EA allow me to do this for non-commercial purposes ?

Despite it being cancelled it is still copyrighted property of EA so it can't be distributed anyway.

So EA don't give a care if the community distribute the game files correct?

So EA don't give a care if the community distribute the game files correct?

Sorry I made a typo before. The game can't distributed. If someone does know of a source to obtain it you can't share it here anyway, as per our forum rules.

Sorry I made a typo before. The game can't distributed. If someone does know of a source to obtain it you can't share it here anyway, as per our forum rules.

Well we all make mistakes. Well I guess that answers my question. Just two more questions. Would it be allowed via pm and if I obtained a copy of the game can I modify it for non-commercial reasons and just for the community? I wander if I will be able to do this by the time EA announces when they're bring back command and conquer.

I might re-upload the partial assets of Generals 2 this week. ;)

I might re-upload the partial assets of Generals 2 this week. ;)

Cool well this is probably the closest I will get to getting the assets of the game. Unfortunately the plan may not happen. Well I thank you anyway for considering to upload the files and for being responsive.

Well, the ambiguity of file sharing the assets aside,

If your serious about what you want, my advice is to go join the existing Gen 2 mod.

Why work alone when you could work with a team?

Sure, it may nean you'll need to compromise a bit on your vision, but that is worth the time and effort you'd save by trying to do it all yourself.

Idealism is great, I'm all about idealism, but when it comes to putting those plans into action, and acting twords your dreams, going it alone isn't the way to go.

Good luck, whatever you decide, and are able to accomplish.

Who knows, maybe years from now you'll get a salute from some of the original devs, as we did.

Follow your passion, no matter the cost.

Edited by GeneralJist

If your serious about what you want, my advice is to go join the existing Gen 2 mod.

Why work alone when you could work with a team?

Good luck, whatever you decide, and are able to accomplish

I'm 13 and thanks for the advice. I've been playing C&C games ever since I was 4. And you'll probably want to know why I wanted to this because I wanted to play generals 2 for myself and I could use the internet to help me.

Edited by CyberFaction

I know where to get the alpha files; but never tested them

Also as sonic said I can't share them here xD

I know where to get the alpha files; but never tested them

Also as sonic said I can't share them here xD

Are you allowed to do it via pm. If not then thats fine I guess.

and what do you mean by "never tested them".

And if the website has Russian text and needs sms I probably know what it is.

Edited by CyberFaction

By never tested I mean I never tested them :P

I saw the alpha files got leaked into random sites but never download it, I know that it possible to use the files for mods though (that what generals 2 mod team doing, probably from the same files)

Don't know any site with Russin text and SMS but it sound to me like a scam, many sites have these random SMSs, ads, and reviews thingy that they force you to do before giving you the files, 99% of the time they just fake ad sites that not even have the files and just trick you around to watch their ads

By never tested I mean I never tested them :P

I saw the alpha files got leaked into random sites but never download it, I know that it possible to use the files for mods though (that what generals 2 mod team doing, probably from the same files)

Don't know any site with Russin text and SMS but it sound to me like a scam, many sites have these random SMSs, ads, and reviews thingy that they force you to do before giving you the files, 99% of the time they just fake ad sites that not even have the files and just trick you around to watch their ads

Good to know. Well they those sites still have them or have they taken them down.

They still have them, most I know aren't direct link though and need apps like utorrent in order to be download

Edited by Egozi44

Are they the real deal or a previous generals game? And are you allowed to private message me the link?

They still have them, most I know aren't direct link though and need apps like utorrent in order to be download

I've seen such releases, but didn't consider them truthful enough - one was labeled as July 2012, if I'm not mistaken. That's far before the earliest alpha test. Didn't download them, though. Besides, you'll be lucky if anyone bothers to seed them now.

Wait, are you saying there was a source code download for the alpha version of Generals 2? I thought Frostbite 3 games cannot be modded in any way once compiled into a game as most EA developers saying it's too complex and difficult to create modding tools.

@Egozi44, I am interested in that but IDK what it does contain. PM me as well.

Edited by zocom7

A possible leak does not at all mean source code.

There were a few releases indeed, each one had commits next to it and iirc most said it was the real deal, don't know if I will find the working ones but will give it a try, from what it seem however the team that work on the current generals2 mod got the alpha files and use them, they may uses the leaked files from the next or have alpha testers that manage to save the sources in their machines

Need to start digging and see if there are still seeders >.>

Edited by Egozi44