Egozi44

Come and meet the modding crew + admin of CNCNZ.com

Not sure what my old Photobucket account has to do with anything. oO

The name "Stygs" is in fact as misspelling of something I heard while creating the account as I didnt want to use my old account names.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNMOj8HCsLQ

Oh I see, nice to know the source :o

There's one other part that's unrelated to this thread and a bit off-topic too. After all this time, I finally learned which animal represent the user(s) based on the avatar and/or name:

Plokite -> the wolf

Ravendark -> the raven

Bibber -> the beaver

Inferno -> the phoenix

Nmenth -> the dragon

Luk3us -> the pony (I'll bet he still loves ponies to this day :D )

Dr. Destiny -> the fox

Zee Hypnotist -> the bee

Sonic -> the hedgehog ;)

TaxOwlBear -> the owl

Ztz2019 -> the cat

Malevolence (former user) --> the kitty cat

Slye_Fox (former modder) --> the other fox

Pasidon (Revora) --> the dinodog :D

My user name also relate to animal in a way actually :P

We should tell Sonic to make monthly modder interview so we know how each modder was "born" xD

I personally curious how most modders here started their way as ones, how Biber and megumi were born (guess it relate to "Dam with it all!" ;) )

How Carnius, Stygs, Ravendark, Golden came by (I think I already read on Zocom's blog about how he started modding but I don't remember at this point xD )

I sort of know parts from Prodigy and Zack4ever stories, but only in parts

Edited by Egozi44

Lauren is based off of the Unreal Tournament character with the same name.

Lauren is based off of the Unreal Tournament character with the same name.

And what about your 93 other nick names? =D

Edit: @egozi actually bibbers name is based on something else. Don't know if he will tell.

Edited by Prodigy

Asuka- was a mostly random name, though I do like NGE but still random and has nothing to do with it (I actually learned about NGE only after basically everyone was like "oh you like NGE?")

Megumi same as before, though I wanted to get away from the NGE harassment (also my main in Guild Wars) (implicit meaning in a lot of mangas/animes was not intended).

Ju-Jin (only used at ppm) was playing a lot of UT3 at that time and liked Jester, hence the Js, also used a Jester avatar, otherwise also pretty random. Later, and for other stuff I decided on Lauren (was still into UT3... a few years prior when I played UT2k3/UT2k4 a lot it would probably been Sapphire)

Qibbi (Github etc) my main in Guild Wars 2, an Asura.

Some others I missed, apart from some super old ones which should be forgotten by now? :D

Edited by Lauren

Disclaimer: when i created the name it sounded like a good idea, now years later and much more mature....it is still a good idea :o #youngatheartforever!

Anyway i had this uncle who was into family tree and genealogy to the point of almost being stark raving mad :o bless his soul. My real family name (wich i am not going to tell) is decendant from when the Norse landed near my county thousands of years ago and ****ed our women :o Go vikings! Anyway in one of its earliest forms it was Tyrson(my current family name hardly looks like it anymore, still not gonna tell it tho) or son of Tyr. Tyr being heavely used in norse mythology and most prominent known as one of odins sons who lost his hand while binding fenhrir, but in early norse religion Tyr meant god and it sometimes was used like Hrafntýr wich means raven-god. My ancestors used a combination of a raven and a wolf on their crest/family shield (my cool ancesstors, not the ones that drunk themself to death in the gutter - every family has both i guess :o )

So when my uncle told me that tale, instead of finding myself in my roots i did what every young adult in our generation does with that: "That would make a ****ing cool ingame name"

So Raven- wich is self explanitory + Arr( wich means warrior) + 'k(ik<->ick<->ich)( a verry old way of saying I or I am) become RavenArr'K, added the D because it sounded cooler- no good story there.

Ravendark - I am the warrior raven god..of sorts. My first main in GW was a warrior..hence...1000years of lost family traditions obscured in a game avatar. My ancestors are rolling over in their graves..except the ones that died drunk in the gutter ofc :o

Been using the moniker raven for over a decade now. From Raven to Ravendark to Corvinus (according to my uncle our bloodline split somewhere in Italy even, no big deeds apearantly he was a roman in heart and soul and ate and ****ed himself to dead). I have several characters named in a mix of those names across GW, GW2 and even WoW when i was heavely into that.

And no my ucnle didnt drink or use drugs...but he did have an obsession with history...the weird kind that kept him from being invited to weddings and even funerals :o

Edited by Ravendark

Disclaimer: when i created the name it sounded like a good idea,

At that point I was all like "so you started as something like Xx Dark Raven Night Lord Xx"

now years later and much more mature....it is still a good idea :o #youngatheartforever!

And here I was like oO hmkay, guess my first assumption was wrong :D

Go vikings!

Damn all dem elves! (Not the tolkien bs, the elves from norse mythology)

Anyway in one of its earliest forms it was Tyrson(my current family name hardly looks like it anymore, still not gonna tell it tho) or son of Tyr.

Sooo... Tyrell, damn Knight of the Flowers! :D

My ancestors used a combination of a raven and a wolf on their crest/family shield

So basically a Blackwood/Stark thing?

My first main in GW was a warrior

Wait what?

I have several characters named in a mix of those names across GW, GW2

Wait WHAT? WHY WE NO PLAY GW TOGETHER? :D

You also just became about 20% cooler.

Edited by Lauren

Wow these are heavy tales alright, mine is way more simpler (and look poor compared to yours >.>)

Egozi: a name of a candy here that included chocolate and nuts in it, I named my dog after it since he had the same color (and no he didn't like nuts nor is nuts :D)

The 44 part is because I come to like the number 4 when I was still young and pure I like it because most animals walking on 4 legs and made it as my lucky number, however 4 also represent death for Japaneses so I had many different yet stupid thoughts on the matter (to my defense I was young ;) ) like: "adding another 4 will balance out death and luck", "double 4 mean twice the luck :D " , however ironically my luck still sucks xD

So anyway that how Egozi44 came to, When people see the stupid things I do and tells me "Egozi you nuts? o_O" I tell them I am ^^

You need an 8, because 8 is lucky. Also chocolate is a bad combination with dogs :o

There's also a bigger reason behind me changing my nick that often, but I won't explain that.

Edited by Lauren

Well, to be honest I also had more than one nickname..

Went by "Chriz" during the TS, RA2 and Generals times, but when BFME was released and new (german) modding forums poped up, I switched to "Colabär" (a referenz to the then popular Coca Cola polar bears). But that name got boring over time and when my focus went back to CnC, I wanted a new nickname that was short, not a referenz to something and unique (variations of "Chris" were pretty common).

I think I choose the "StrangeGuyWithAGun" name for photobucket because I didnt want to use Chriz but couldnt figure out a better one...

And somewhere along the line I listend to Styx, managed to mispell the name and decided to keep it that way ;)

So that 20% cooler is because i play GW right, not because I'm probably related to some old norse pseudo wannabee god warrior clan thingy? Priorities right?!

Well it is kindof funny that you make a Stark reference. Meet my Dog:

th_2013-12-12%2015.36.03.jpg

Also

Meet 2 of my GW2 family members :o

th_gw002.jpg

th_gw003.jpg

@egozi I hope you didn't draw the dead conclusion after you fed 4 pieces of chocolate with nuts to your dog :s

Sneaky removing your account name like that ;D

I also play on EU, sooo I added you :P

Also it's about 10%/10% and because

My ancestors are rolling over in their graves..except the ones that died drunk in the gutter ofc

Your Norse ancestors were probably cremated, so no rolling there either.
  • Upvote 1

Your Norse ancestors were probably cremated, so no rolling there either.

Well technically considering viking history consists of raids or migration my ancestors would either be bastard children or somewhere down the line converted to christianity....so they probably did get burried or die in a ditch.

Edit: @egozi actually bibbers name is based on something else. Don't know if he will tell.

Umm, aside from meaning that only he knows, or something in German I can also assume it relate to "Dam with it all! " ;D

("Dam" <--------- stand out the most ;) )

You need an 8, because 8 is lucky. Also chocolate is a bad combination with dogs :o

Does 8 really represent luck in jap/other country ? o_o

And yea, you got a point ^^

There's also a bigger reason behind me changing my nick that often, but I won't explain that.

Running from the government as well? ;D

Well, to be honest I also had more than one nickname..

The more runners the merrier =D

Well it is kindof funny that you make a Stark reference. Meet my Dog:

Nice dog, too bad you removed the pic later on though Seems like site was down

BTW:

Here Egozi-san

hC8t3tx.jpg

Here he is when he became a successful business man dog

ss5O8lI.jpg

Here he is when he sleeps

mX7x9HY.jpg

u1SHeQj.jpg

Here he is when he wake up because I keep picture him when he sleep

25yrzhA.jpg

Here he is when I cover him again

S9yS9F1.jpg

GKgytUL.jpg

At night =D

tCKiXzO.jpg

At the morning D=

2OovK2l.jpg

That him when I mistakenly forgot to turn the flash off

YXdyaPl.jpg

jqNrife.jpg

That him from above

d3wDqvN.jpg

That him when he laugh at me for wasting my life modding stuff

8LcuhnL.jpg

That him when he on night hunt D-=

eNDfyf3.jpg

That not my dog :o

U6pumwf.jpg

My dog when he high

ifkLGkA.jpg1K0aLjo.jpg

Egozi when he was young and high =D

V9BbeAG.jpg

My dog when he want me to stop taking pictures of him

jJRqiu1.jpg

@egozi I hope you didn't draw the dead conclusion after you fed 4 pieces of chocolate with nuts to your dog :s

D..d...d....don't be silly! ther..e.. I..s no w..ay I cou...ld've done such a thing!.... did I? ^^....

Sneaky removing your account name like that ;D

The more runners the merrier =D

I also play on EU, sooo I added you

Ah I recall roughly that Reven said he was from the States once, may mixed him with someone else though...

Edited by Egozi44

Does 8 really represent luck in jap/other country ? o_o

Yes.

Dam, it may would effect my entire life if I bothered to check this years ago :o

Edited by Egozi44

Purchased anything in China or Japan? Prices very often end with .88 in China, and for Japan it's usually just an 8 thrown in there (because a Yen is worth nothing) for the reasons in Nmenth's link.

Well I did ordered stuff from jap before but only once I purchased something that was actually in Yen

In a way I guess that most of us buying stuff from jap and china though ;D

So 50cents would've died if he got shot in Asia? He just got lucky in the States?

Probably~

Last time he visited my country with his 50cents worth helicopter he was lucky enough to make it back alive =D

you should make the Bibber bigger by at least 500%!

Epic Bibber!

On 1/27/2016 at 7:40 AM, Egozi44 said:

Umm find something that represents bibber would be hard >.>

Sorry to bump this over 1 and half year old thread, I think I already know what almost represents Bibber after initially thought he's a beaver with his slogan "Dam it all". When I was playing a random Pokemon RPG game, I came across a Pokemon so similar to Bibber's name and his avatar.

400Bibarel_DP_anime.png

It actually turns out to be Bibarel! https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bibarel_(Pokémon)

I doubt that Bibber's name and avatar were derived from this Pokemon.

Also I updated the spoiler from an old post: https://forums.cncnz.com/topic/19762-come-and-meet-the-modding-crew-admin-of-cncnzcom/?do=findComment&comment=226118

Edited by PurpleGaga27

I actually thought I was stupid back then and didn't figure out that bibber literally mean "drunk" as English not my first lang,

But this may be the truth for all answers! ;D