Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Kane's Wrath beta footage

Recently, Breakaway games, the creators of C&C 3: Kane's Wrath and BFME2: Rise of the Witch-King (among else) have revamped their website so that each game has a bit of info on them.

What's interesting is their video for Kane's Wrath. This seems to be beta footage, judging by the icons for the MARV and Redeemer, strange MARV trample logic and awkward Eradicator Hexapod animations :D

Wow, that explain the funny animations I saw D=

Funny that the machampe animations (which look better in the beta) were removed in the final version and had to be brought back by CGF...

BTW the MARV and Redeemer beta portraits can be found in the TT's files

Mechapede looks the same to me, though I haven't played in quite a while but cannot remember it differently.

Also the MARV thing was also to be seen in the first few videos of TW where the Mammoths had the same awkward thing going on until they toned it down. KW is based on some early or 1.0 version of TW, so no wonder there.

Not sure if the Marv anim is different in the final game, havent seen it in ages.

http://www.lauch3d.com/CnC3KanesWrath.html also has some early pictures from some units that the guy worked on for KW, but the differences seem to be minor.

Edited by Stygs
  • Upvote 1

Looking at the breakaway games website..they basicly only have 2 "high profile" games under their belt...KW and RotWK. The rest are by lack of better phrasing: iterations of sheep simulators and the sorts?

So they DID basicly just patch existing games, sprinkle water downed content over it and call it a expansion?

Civilization III: Conquests was a highly regarded expansion and was considered to be better than Firaxis' own Play the World. Conquests also had a more functional multiplayer compared to, as I heard, a broken one in PTW.

Cleopatra was an expansion to the popular Pharaoh. New structures, units and missions are reason enough to call it an expansion.

Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom is a different setting for Impressions Games' City Building series (Caesar was in Rome, Zeus/Poseidon was in Greece, Pharaoh/Cleopatra was in Egypt and Emperor is in China). It introduced multiplayer to the series.

Tropico: Paradise Island introduced new mechanics to Tropico 1, like the natural disasters.

Calling them a team that merely patched things with water would be rather unfair. They focus on actual simulators these days, though.

Their work for EALA may have been sloppy in code (RotWK especially), but they did have good ideas and could follow a given setting without trouble.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

My brother has the same aproach to cooking when he's lazy. Get a tv diner meal, add some carrots and sorts, throw it in the oven or microwave, claim its cooking and that its better with the stuff he added then before.

All tho its hard to argue with the logic of "it is better then it was". It still isnt cooking. He still defrosted a tasteless tv diner meal, added some blend stuff to it and waited for the "ping" sound of the microwave.

When i read your post again i add a "ping" sound in my mind between every example of the games they worked on.

"Calling them a team that merely patched things with water would be rather unfair." Allright they add some carrots and stuff to the water....still wouldnt call it a soup.

"but they did have good ideas and could follow a given setting without trouble." My brother is actually a decent cook if he wants to be, he is just so ****ing lazy when it comes to the kitchen, if you hand him a microwave meal he will choose that over actually working with fresh ingredients...that is even worse then not being able to cook.

That also explain why so many fixs from TW are missing in kw, but they done pretty much good work

Sure they didn't crate the wheel like EALA done when they made the actual game but they made that soup eatable

My brother has the same aproach to cooking when he's lazy. Get a tv diner meal, add some carrots and sorts, throw it in the oven or microwave, claim its cooking and that its better with the stuff he added then before.

All tho its hard to argue with the logic of "it is better then it was". It still isnt cooking. He still defrosted a tasteless tv diner meal, added some blend stuff to it and waited for the "ping" sound of the microwave.

When i read your post again i add a "ping" sound in my mind between every example of the games they worked on.

"Calling them a team that merely patched things with water would be rather unfair." Allright they add some carrots and stuff to the water....still wouldnt call it a soup.

"but they did have good ideas and could follow a given setting without trouble." My brother is actually a decent cook if he wants to be, he is just so ****ing lazy when it comes to the kitchen, if you hand him a microwave meal he will choose that over actually working with fresh ingredients...that is even worse then not being able to cook.

That commit xD

Sure they didn't crate the wheel like EALA done when they made the actual game but they made that soup eatable

Technically EA is more like the Homo sapiens and killed of the neanderthal(westwood) in a evolutionary response. They took their wheel and claimed it as their own...they also put out heir fire wich made them roll over and die.

Also if you are ok with that kind of soup and cooking you need Gordon Ramsey intervention so he can swear at you some more!

Technically EA is more like the Homo sapiens and killed of the neanderthal(westwood) in a evolutionary response. They took their wheel and claimed it as their own...they also put out heir fire wich made them roll over and die.

That true in many ways, human's natural never change >.>

Also if you are ok with that kind of soup and cooking you need Gordon Ramsey intervention so he can swear at you some more!

I don't know if it just me but something from his pictures disturbing me '-'

CroppedFocusedImage160055050-50-gordon-r