Sign in to follow this  
CyberFaction

What are warning points and how does it work?

I was just wandering what are warning points and how do they work?

I may sound like a bit if an idiot asking this but I just want to know how the system works.

Warning points are given to people who break the forum rules. A moderator or admin may decide the amount to give to a particular member if he/she feels the infraction warrants it. If a member reaches a certain amount of warning points they could be banned. Only you and the mod/admin team can see your warning points. You can't see other members warning points.

They are rarely given out any more. I can't remember the last time I had to resort to such an action.

If a member reaches a certain amount of warning points they could be banned. Only you and the mod/admin team can see your warning points. You can't see other members warning points.

They are rarely given out any more. I can't remember the last time I had to resort to such an action.

What certain amount of warning points? What was the number limit?

I recalled that I was the last person to get a warning point by the nuclear dragon...... mentioning piracy on a cancelled game.

Edited by zocom7

If you get 10, you're banned. But no one has ever gotten 10, and several people have been banned. You can be banned with 0 warning points just as easily.

I suppose warning points are more like reminders for the people who get them.

The far greater risk is how quickly you get warned rather than how many you are given. If you get three or four warning points within a week, the odds are pretty good you're facing an imminent ban even if those are the first warning points you've ever received.

mentioning piracy on a cancelled game.

Since you brought it up first... you were offering compensation for someone to rip files for you. That's not "mentioning" piracy.

I recalled that I was the last person to get a warning point by the nuclear dragon...... mentioning piracy on a cancelled game.

Since you brought it up first... you were offering compensation for someone to rip files for you. That's not "mentioning" piracy.

Well it seems you two have a past. To be honest I wander what happened but if you guys don't want to talk about it I can understand. And to be honest I didn't think this post would get much replies but I like seeing replies on topics I post. :P

Edited by CyberFaction

That's hardly even piracy, nobody is making money off it and it's an unreleased title. I heard nobody bitching about the scavenged alpha/beta versions of actually sold titles, like Half-Life v0.52 or the Unreal Tournament betas.

That's hardly even piracy, nobody is making money off it and it's an unreleased title.

So he tried to make money off an unreleased title or didn't and got warning points? :confused: What game was it?

Edited by CyberFaction

This topic derailed quickly, I suppose that's what happens when someone decides to air their dirty laundry publically.

Since the purpose of this topic has been fulfilled, there is no reason to keep it open.