CyberFaction

Any good screen recording software

Does anyone know any good screen recording software and do not say obs because obbs doen't work on my pc.

I have looked at loilo game recorder but i'm not sure if it would support cnc and other games. And I don't want one with a watermark please ;)

Non-free: Fraps, Hypercam, Bandicam

Free: CamStudio (viable only for 2D games)

XSplit is an alternative for streaming, but seriously, did you even troubleshoot your problems with OBS or did you just dismiss it on the first error message?

but seriously, did you even troubleshoot your problems with OBS or did you just dismiss it on the first error message?

What happened was that I pressed the record button and it came with a message saying something about directx or opengl or something related to my graphics card and then it just closed. Then I looked it up and it did have something to do with my graphics card but that was about a year or 2 ago and I don't remember much. But here are my specs:

Acer Aspire Z5700

Intel Core i3 processer 550 @ 3.20GHz

4.00 GB RAM

64 bit OS Windows 7

Intel GMA HD Graphics

500GB Hard Drive x2

DVD Super Multi Drive(doesn't work any more)

Multi in 1 Media Card reader

23" Touch Monitor

CyberFaction you could also take a look at something like Dxtory (which youtubers like TotalBiscuit use). Here's a random comparisson video of Fraps, Dxtory and ShadowPlay. Lots of options to choose from -

. Hopefully some of these suggestions help you out. I know jumping into screen recording is a tricky path.

On a side note, Plokite_Wolf you might want to try wording your comments in a way that doesn't make you sound overly superior or otherwise with a "negative charge" per say. I'd just like to point out that you can come across as sort of an online know-it-all bully at times with the way you tend to communicate with others without being aware of the full picture at times nor the specific situation of an individual you are trying to converse with. I don't know if you notice these things so hopefully me bringing it up could help you better understand your own way of publicly speaking and avoid any misunderstandings in the future.

...but seriously, did you even troubleshoot your problems with OBS or did you just dismiss it on the first error message?

Did you even bother searching on Google whether anyone had the same problem?

I do notice that. It is because I'm sick of seeing the mentality of today's gamers and even regular computer users that apparently refuses to find easily Google-able solutions to problems on very common software and games. I've seen tons of crap for the past two years, and it's always the same - either nobody bothers to read in-your-face solutions or dismiss something altogether because it doesn't work the first time (and hell, even some GoG subforums are getting that sometimes). See the average thread in the C&C:Online Support forum for a bit (for example; as C&C is getting the worst of it) and lose all hope of seeing actually competent troubleshooters like just a few years ago.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Of course I use Google OMG I use google to see whats worng and how can I fix it I just reinstalled OBS and heres the error message:

"Error: Could not initialize DirectX 10 on Intel ® HD graphics. This error can happen for one of the following reasons:

1.) Your GPU is not supported (DirectX 10 is required - note that many integrated laptop GPUs do not support DX10)
2.) You're running Windows Vista without the "Platform Update"
3.) Your video card drivers are out of date

If you are using a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus or AMD Switchable Graphics, make sure OBS is set to run on the high performance GPU in your driver settings."

I have windows 7 an integrated graphics card I don't have nviidia or amd my drivers are up to date and I have an all in one desktop pc acer aspire z5700

I went to google and found this: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/error-could-not-initialize-directx-10-on-intel-r-hd-graphics.13941/

One person had the same problem he had the same cpu has I do and another guy said:

You can't use OBS on that GPU, it's too old to support DX10 features in hardware.

So I do use google and I'm able to use google Plokite_Wolf!!!!

and the other hand I'm looking into one of the screen recorders that AZ-Stalker suggested however I tried shadowplay a long time ago and in order to install geforce experience which has shadowplay you need Nvidia hardware unfortunately I can't just buy one and I don't know how to upgrade.

Please understand my message.

Edited by CyberFaction
cleaned up text

You could take a look at OBS Studio (entire rewrite of OBS) which doesn't require a DX10 graphics card and even runs on Windows XP (and non Windows OSes) if I remember correctly.

Do keep in mind that recording a game while playing is very resource intensive. Your computer with those specs is not able to record in very high quality. Maybe in 480p.

You could take a look at OBS Studio (entire rewrite of OBS) which doesn't require a DX10 graphics card and even runs on Windows XP (and non Windows OSes) if I remember correctly.

Do keep in mind that recording a game while playing is very resource intensive. Your computer with those specs is not able to record in very high quality. Maybe in 480p.

Well I've been looking around and I came across Razor Game Booster I think it also comes with a game recorder I'll check it out.

Your pc will be the biggest hurdle, it has to encode in software mode or not at all which costs a lot of CPU power or a fast HDD which you do not have. Even for Generals 30fps will probably not be possible.

Edited by Lauren

I start using Dxtory recently to record stuff from my mod since Fraps is eating my hhd and have really little options to mess with, I can recommend record app depending on what you need it for, if it for video games then fraps, Dxtory, and nvidia tool (for nvidia cards only) are the most recommended (even over Bandicam) I tested a few apps and Dxtory + some codec proved to be the best app for my recording (at least till I will find other app)