Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Throwback Thursday for 10th March

Xrry9xr.jpg

This week's edition of Throwback Thursday looks back to the first time we got to see Westwood's vision of what was then called Command & Conquer 3, this was way back in 2004. At the time EA were developing their Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth games. During the Battle for Middle Earth community summit at EALA in August 2004, an amazing image showing an alien invasion got leaked. It first appeared as a photo taken by someone when they spotted it on a monitor at EALA, it then went on to cause a major buzz through out the entire C&C community. A few years later we got the high quality version on the image, and many more. It was later confirmed they were indeed from Command & Conquer 3, Westwood's original concept for what was apparently meant to be called "Tiberian Incursion". Of course this version of C&C 3 never got past the early concept and design stages, and by 2006, EALA had a different plan in mind for their Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.

Remember, you can click on the preview to see a larger and more detailed image. Don't forget to check out the Throwback Thursdays archives if you've missed a week. Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We also encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #ThrowbackThursday, #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

While I do like how TW turn out to be (I think it had room for improvement but we can't be picky) and it's design, I also think that the westwood's cancel version also look nice, concept art look more dark and indeed fit the tibirium's universe.

Even the old design from the early game footages look like westwood though it still was unrefined (it also look too much bright for tibirum universe but I guess it was like that because the game was still under early development or because they wanted from the maps to gradually become darker, and when the scrin were supposed to arrive... boom we got a red zone, just my own speculation though

Edited by Egozi44