Sign in to follow this  
HOPE1134

Petroglyph's 8-Bit Armies / 8-Bit Hordes/ 8-Bit Invaders

So far only one critic review came up in Metacritic and GameRankings. Where are the rest of the reviews?

Edited by zocom7

Its not very high profile, hence little attention.

Still giving it a go. But the more you play the more you realise this game is really ****ing basic. It got an update today, so at least they're keeping an eye on it. :)

I wrote a few mails with them back and forth. It's nice that even someone random gets attention from the devs, but I'm still unsure what I think about the responses.

Noob question here. If I ever get a reliable internet connection and enough data, I'd like to play 8 Bit Armies. What is the etiquette for online? Am I expected to use a mic or can it be played without?

What is the etiquette for online? Am I expected to use a mic or can it be played without?

I know of no game where a microphone is obligatory.
  • Downvote 1

Well, unless you have a friend physically with you in the same room, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes requires a mic.

Any team game which is played on a higher level online requires one.

• Downvote 1

Games that can be played 1v1 don't quite strictly enter a "team game" category.

There's also team chat in every remotely developed game, in this millennium at least.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Guest Rabbit

Saw that video, agreed with most of the points made. The game, as it is right now, lacks quite a bit, but for what it is, I like the character that the game has, at least in some respects. Little things like the oil harvesters "bouncing" and spilling oil everywhere is a cute little thing that I liked.

I'd really like to see where this game goes. I'd normally be the kind of person to say "they shouldn't have released an unfinished game if this isn't going to be all," but I'm tired of having to say that for so many gaming companies, and I genuinely hope that more content is released for 8 Bit Armies.

I smell paid DLC for this.

I'm okay with DLC for this. It's only $15, which is a quarter of your average AAA title so even with DLC, it will come out cheaper in the end.

For 15 dollars, you can get two or three actually good classic games on GOG.

With a DLC program, 8BA would cost the same as or slightly less than a full game, which would be better spent elsewhere.

I'm okay with DLC for this. It's only $15, which is a quarter of your average AAA title so even with DLC, it will come out cheaper in the end.

Yeah, but this game isn't so good for 15 bucks. For similar amount of money i have well received Company of Heroes or DLC for sequel.

Edited by Traymen

Currently this seems to be the best build order for killing off an opponent fairly quick.

Unit composition is up to you. I will making another video going over Units.

Edited by Sonic
Removed ugly font colours for better readability

Guest Stevie_K

Review from the cynical brit Total Biscuit. I think his review sums up most of the concerns we've discussed here.

I find it hard not to agree with everything he points out, although I haven't played enough to experience how fast the game gets samey with only a single faction.

Edited by Stevie_K

If petroglyph spend as much time and thought on the game, as we do on the forums here it probably would have come out a lot better then it is now.

Edited by Ravendark

He didn't even play the first even less "solid" version.

I find it hard not to agree with everything he points out

It is always hard not to agree with him. He presents his arguments in a way that makes you feel stupid to disagree. I do not think he is always right, but he always makes his points sound right.

Nah, at times he just doesn't like the game, even if it's good, and then he makes hollow points which make him sound like a douche.

Happens quite regularly imo.

Edited by Lauren

I guess I haven't watched enough of his content to have seen him do that. I've only seen maybe fifteen of his videos and they all seem to be well-presented.

Guest Stevie_K

Not sure why I wrote review, since he makes a big deal out of calling his "wtf is..." videos a first impressions series.

I find the videos to be quite thorough for what they are. He can sometimes get nitpicky and sometimes over saturated by his personal taste, but at least he seems pretty good at laying it out on the table in these cases.

New faction announced (aside from the fantasy one that will come later).

post-11-1463834892.jpg

Totes original...

Orca_Fighter_1.jpg
Orca_Bomber_1.jpg

Ah, the return of Orcas. ;)

I haven't played much of the demo but I'm impressed by the map size. I have trouble in CnC3 when placing structures, because they take up too much room and the maps are tiny. 8 Bit Armies is more like Tiberian Sun with map sizes.

• Upvote 1