Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

What happened to Planetary Annihilation?

A few years ago PA was getting a lot of hype and especially the huge discussion of this RTS game over at the former official C&C forums (now defunct). The Kickstarter to fund the game project was promising, but after less than two years on a full official release, Bundle Stars temporary gave away the Indie RTS game free too soon. I also notice a rise of PA game giveaways on Steamgifts lately. I wonder what had happened to this somewhat awesome RTS game?

Another thing, the system requirements are merely okay for today's modern PC, except the part that 2.6 GB (when installed) is too low for a 64-bit game, meaning I thought that PA still has missing content and that excludes patches, deluxe content and DLCs.

On the other hand,....

I hope Petroglyph may be following this soon to Grey Goo because that game is also struggling to keep momentum. I wish they make a huge free giveaway soon.... not a limited trial.

Edited by zocom7

A few years ago PA was getting a lot of hype and especially the huge discussion of this RTS game over at the former official C&C forums (now defunct). The Kickstarter to fund the game project was promising, but after less than two years on a full official release, Bundle Stars temporary gave away the Indie RTS game free too soon. I also notice a rise of PA game giveaways on Steamgifts lately. I wonder what had happened to this somewhat awesome RTS game?

What happened is the inability of anyone except Blizzard to make a good and popular RTS for six years now. Besides, we already had Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander, people probably don't see a point in getting it.

Another thing, the system requirements are merely okay for today's modern PC, except the part that 2.6 GB (when installed) is too low for a 64-bit game, meaning I thought that PA still has missing content and that excludes patches, deluxe content and DLCs.

I'm gonna start copypasting these statements to a special Word file, I've read so many that they're starting to get funny.

What does the file size have to do with anything related to the number of bits used? The executable and possibly a few neighbouring files decide whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit, the rest are just assets. Assets that don't give a damn how the game is compiled. Apparently, they were satisfied with simpler models with flat textures, which they obviously optimized well enough.

I hope Petroglyph may be following this soon to Grey Goo because that game is also struggling to keep momentum. I wish they make a huge free giveaway soon.... not a limited trial.

Scratch the funny, this hurts again.

Planetary Annihilation is an interesting game with many cool elements. However having only one faction makes the game dull after a while and it can get a bit complex once you land on different planets and moons essentially having to play TA on many different maps simultaneously...