blood1995

Can KW WB supports modes?

Hi guys, after finishing my mode I wanted to make special mission maps for it, but I noticed that KW WB crash when you load them, I tried with other modes and the crash is still there.

diapo9c7e405e6bf1254e98ab924567dcf94d.pn

So does that mean KW WB doesn't support modes?

Check that you have the later version by opening the CNC3_wb_1.0.cfg. If it states 1.1 directories you are good. Now change these to reference 1.2

For me it looks like this:

add-search-path data\
try-add-config C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\command and conquer 3 - kane's wrath\Lang-english\1.2\config.txt
try-add-config C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\command and conquer 3 - kane's wrath\EnglishAudio\1.2\config.txt
try-add-config C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\command and conquer 3 - kane's wrath\Movies\1.0\config.txt
try-add-config C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\command and conquer 3 - kane's wrath\Core\1.2\config.txt
try-add-config C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\command and conquer 3 - kane's wrath\RetailExe\1.2\config.txt
try-add-config C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\command and conquer 3 - kane's wrath\Meta\1.2\config.txt
add-search-path big:
Edited by Lauren

Thank you, it works!

EDIT: Looks like another problem appeared

When I try to put new units/structures into my map WB will show them but they won't have an ID or a Name which won't make them spawn in the map and also dissapear after closing the map and opening it again.

diapo3fda621f1dde893173a2608a4ffef673.pn

This command post is the normal one from GDI, I only changed some stuff like cost and upgrates.

As you can see WB recognize the "ID" and the "Name".

diapo2ca9619ffde35eb3f338f88459ad26eb.pn

That building is a totally new structure based on the GDI ASAT Defense Center, and here as you can see "ID" and "Name" are empty which make them dissapear when opening the map again(and not appearing in the game).

Any solution?

Edited by blood1995

I was actually expecting this....

You need Biber's WED update to solve this issue

That what solved it for me at least

I have the link but dk if I allowed to share it since biber hide it on his site and never told me why~

So unless he/someone else will give it to you or will give me permission to share it I can't help ;/

Edited by Egozi44

You don't need it but it's helpful as it automates things.

I understand the situation, if it's private version it would be normal to don't give it to a random guy because he could spread it.

So, is this the only solution to solve that problem or I have to follow some other steps?

Edited by blood1995

As long as you have no clue how to mess with hashes (just like me...) or know any other way to solve it which I didn't heard about, then I don't think so, it up to biber to give the file/permission or up to biber/megumi to inform us if there's any other way

Because you didn't generate string hashes for the new objects.

Sorry I didn't see you message, I've found the data\stringhashes with Big View and I got this:

<StringAndHash
Hash="658907916"
Text="FXWhiteSquare" />

I've checked the samplemod to see if there are any tutorial with this but no.

So what does "Hash" and "Text" do?

Sorry I didn't see you message, I've found the data\stringhashes with Big View and I got this:

<StringAndHash
Hash="658907916"
Text="FXWhiteSquare" />

I've checked the samplemod to see if there are any tutorial with this but no.

So what does "Hash" and "Text" do?

it goes like this:

<StringAndHash
Hash="2182905846"      <---- Hash value of "GDIBulldog"
Text="GDIBulldog" />     <---- Name of Unit/Structure/etc.

after adding this to the stringhashes.xml you'll be able to save the unit in WB

Thank you, so I have put the StringHashes.xml into the "\Mymod\Data" folder, another problem came here...

WrathEd isn't compiling the .xml file, I'm sure of that because it doesn't appear in my mode when I check it with BigView(and WB still doesn't place the objetcs).

Here is what I've put inside StringHashes.xml for a test:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
	<StringHashTable id="TheModdedStringTable">
		<StringAndHash Hash="900000000" Text="GDIASATDefense"/>
	</StringHashTable>
</AssetDeclaration>

I can imagine that the problem could be from an error from my code, but I also tried with the normal TheStringTable from KW but it also didn't work.

WE doesn't support the xsi namespace, thus you can leave out that part.

the stringhashtable shouldn't be a direct part of your mod manifest, but instead be compiled separately. Extract the original and then go through the objects you added, write down their name and if you look them up in WrathEd under the name there's some numbers in hex like x:y:z:w you need the z number (the third) that's the hash of the id of the object.

WE doesn't support the xsi namespace, thus you can leave out that part.

the stringhashtable shouldn't be a direct part of your mod manifest, but instead be compiled separately. Extract the original and then go through the objects you added, write down their name and if you look them up in WrathEd under the name there's some numbers in hex like x:y:z:w you need the z number (the third) that's the hash of the id of the object.

Ok so now I've something like this:

<StringAndHash Hash="50612DE9" Text="GDIASATDefense"/>

I've took the hex number from this(hopping it's the right one):

Asset Dump:
GameObject:GDIASATDefense
Static/GDI/GDIASATDefense.xml
942FFF2D:E27A8370:50612DE9:1632A059

How can I compile StringHashes.xml separately from my mod manifest?

Asset Dump:
GameObject:GDIASATDefense
Static/GDI/GDIASATDefense.xml
942FFF2D:E27A8370:50612DE9:1632A059

How can I compile StringHashes.xml separately from my mod manifest?

now you take the 2nd one (E27A8370) and convert it from hex to dec and you'll get "3799679856", thats the one you need. ;)

the stringhashes.xml should be compiled automatically if its in the Data folder (next to Static.xml), otherwise you need to change

the batch file for compiling the stringhashes.xml separately without putting it into your mod's BIG file.

otherwise you need to change the batch file for compiling the stringhashes.xml separately without putting it into your mod's BIG file.

Sorry, but I don't understand how can I do that, could you explain it in steps?

Ah yes seven is right, it's the second, not the third.

Sorry, but I don't understand how can I do that, could you explain it in steps?

Open the .bat file which you use to compile with a texteditor. Next copy the line which starts WrathEd, change static.xml to stringhashes.xml and delete anything but the compile and out switches.

I also created a quick fiddle to get the hash:

https://dotnetfiddle.net/Vzcq18

In the lower part of that page you see the area with a > in it. There you can input your objects name, like GDIASATDefense. Press enter and you'll get

GDIASATDefense

0x397856B0 - 964187824

Upper case: 0x6164D1FD - 1633997309

Lower case: 0xE27A8370 - 3799679856

The lower case thing is what you want so copy 3799679856 into your xml. Edited by Lauren

change static.xml to stringhashes.xml and delete anything but the compile and out switches.

Sorry to don't understand everything, my english is bad, so I must change this:

if exist "%cd%\Mods\%modname%\Data\Static.xml" "%cd%\Tools\WrathEd.exe" -gameDefinition:"Kane's Wrath" -compile:"%cd%\Mods\%modname%\Data\Static.xml" -art:"..\Art" -audio:"..\Audio" -out:"%cd%\Compilation\Mods\%modname%\Data" -version:"%streamversion%" -bps:"static_common_2.manifest,%cd%\Game Files\Manifest\static_common_2.manifest" -lowlod:"static%streamversion%.manifest"

into this:

if exist "%cd%\Mods\%modname%\Data\StringHashes.xml" "%cd%\Tools\WrathEd.exe" -gameDefinition:"Kane's Wrath" -compile:"%cd%\Mods\%modname%\Data\StringHashes.xml" -art:"..\Art" -audio:"..\Audio" -out:"%cd%\Compilation\Mods\%modname%\Data" -version:"%streamversion%"

And then delete all the other lines which start with "if exist" right?

EDIT: Yes it worked, thank you very much guys!

Edited by blood1995

No, just have these lines in there:

if exist "%cd%\Mods\%modname%\Data\Static.xml" "%cd%\Tools\WrathEd.exe" -gameDefinition:"Kane's Wrath" -compile:"%cd%\Mods\%modname%\Data\Static.xml" -art:"..\Art" -audio:"..\Audio" -out:"%cd%\Compilation\Mods\%modname%\Data" -version:"%streamversion%" -bps:"static_common_2.manifest,%cd%\Game Files\Manifest\static_common_2.manifest" -lowlod:"static%streamversion%.manifest"

if exist "%cd%\Mods\%modname%\Data\Stringhashes.xml" "%cd%\Tools\WrathEd.exe" -gameDefinition:"Kane's Wrath" -compile:"%cd%\Mods\%modname%\Data\Stringhashes.xml" -out:%cd%\Compilation\Mods\%modname%\Data"

Don't touch the other stuff

No, just have these lines in there:

if exist "%cd%\Mods\%modname%\Data\Stringhashes.xml" "%cd%\Tools\WrathEd.exe" -gameDefinition:"Kane's Wrath" -compile:"%cd%\Mods\%modname%\Data\Stringhashes.xml" -out:%cd%\Compilation\Mods\%modname%\Data"
Don't touch the other stuff

Yes this is what I did at the end, and it worked.

Yea Zypherbullet gave it to me 4 months ago iirc

You also changed his version so it can support sounds but that other matter (seem like buggy ver 1.08 is leftover from it?)

Thanks for the answer!

I don't think you need to keep these stuff hidden if that the only reason though, things like the update or C&C4 beta files are stuff that people who need them will look for them anyway, If someone download file he/she don't know how to use, it's his/her own fault, plus they can always ask around how to use them

Germany and EU censored too many stuff for stupid reasons, please don't keep up with their traditions D= (Or we won't see cops, civilians, terrorist, and other random stuff in our games)

Also why? the the name with only 2 "B"s sound more funny =D

Edited by Egozi44

egozi you're basically #1 to complain that we're not explaining stuff because you don't know how it works (even when we already did a million times in other topics) and that we are at fault for not doing so, so stfu

Edited by Lauren

And please do me a favor ... don't call me Biber -.-

I know bibber is a word. I guess misspelled names like Biber and Bieber should not be called out to you.