Sign in to follow this  
maaz88

Secret Shrine veterancy upgrade & adding units from mods

Hi guys, I am fairly new to modding. Need some help from you pro-modders. :) I tried to add a veterancy upgrade to the nod secret shrine, I copied the veterancy crate behaviour to it but caused crash to the game while loading. I added the heal upgrade copying from the GDI armory and it worked, but veterancy does not work. Does anyone have any idea how to do it?

I am actually working on developing a mod for my personal use. I have gathered source codes from different mods and mixing them to one, slow progress, but working good. So can anyone tell me how can I add a unit to my mod after extracting .w3x and .dds etc. from a mod. eg. I want to add banshee to the NOD I have all the art files but am having serious trouble adding it.

Thanks in advance. :D cheers

Thats something different. I need to know how to do it? the veterancy upgrade thing

Are you already familiar with adding/modifying commandsets/logiccommands, creating unit abilitybuttons and adding new behavior modules?

Not completely but I have done a few tweaks, added some new units and structures from open source codes, added the heal contain behaviour to the secret shrine and works fine. I am a starter as I mentioned, and I am learning.

So basicly create a new upgrade(type="OBJECT" if you want ti to apply to the shrine, type="PLAYER" if you want ti to apply to any object that has the <LevelUpUpgrade> ) name it something like Upgrade_secretshrineVet, create a new unitability button and logiccommand for that. Add the logic command to the commandset of the secret shrine.

in the behavior section of the secret shrine(or the units you want to give the "PLAYER" upgrade to) add the following:

<LevelUpUpgrade
    id="ModuleTag_LevelUpUpgrade"
    LevelCap="4"
    DoFlash="false"
    LevelsToGain="1">
    <TriggeredBy>Upgrade_secretshrineVet</TriggeredBy>
</LevelUpUpgrade>
Edited by Ravendark
  • Upvote 1

Ok I shall try it. Basically I think I asked my question in the wrong way. I meant that I send an infantry unit into the shrine and it comes out leveled up. just like GDI armory heals units.

Ok I shall try it. Basically I think I asked my question in the wrong way. I meant that I send an infantry unit into the shrine and it comes out leveled up. just like GDI armory heals units.

That is a whole different thing. Forget the above then, that won't do it.