2LateImDead

Modding - ECM on Tanks and Healing From Toxin?

So I'm making my first mod for Zero Hour. I'm just about ready to put it in beta, I've just got two things left to do that I can't figure out how for the life of me.

Firstly, I want to add the ECM weapon and auto-firing behavior to the Tank General's Battlemaster and Overlord tanks. Trouble is, if I just copy and paste the behavior from the ECM, it animates their barrels as if they're firing their main weapon every time the effect repeats. If I try to make the ECM weapon have control over the secondary weapon slot so it doesn't do that, it crashes the game. If I try to make the tank's main weapon into its secondary weapon and change the animations accordingly, it crashes the game. I have no clue what to do here. So I thought I'd take the easy way out - instead of that, I'll just buff the tanks up a bit and make them EMP hardened (part of the mod includes a lot more EMP rockets from two generals). Unfortunately, that doesn't work either. I've made them immune to subdual damage and I added EMP_HARDENED to their KindOf, but it doesn't work. At this point I'm not sure which I'd prefer, but I'm leaning more towards the EMP hardening. But I don't know how to do either, and I can't find technical information on the EMP effects of the game anywhere, so I need some help, please.

The second thing is likely much simpler. I want Dr. Thrax's poison fields to heal all his units. I made custom armor for all of them that has poison as -100% damage, but that simply makes them immune. I don't know how to do this either. So again, help, plz.

So yeah. Other than those, the mod is ready to roll. If I could please get some help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

First of all, Dr. Thrax's poison to heal units isn't like the Scrin's Corrupter spraying to heal units. I doubt that's possible to do in C&C Generals since the coding for that is old.

First of all, Dr. Thrax's poison to heal units isn't like the Scrin's Corrupter spraying to heal units. I doubt that's possible to do in C&C Generals since the coding for that is old.

I dunno. I wasn't thinking like that, more just toxin fields healing them. I *think* it should be possible, because ambulances can heal units of the same team. So maybe I can do something like that. I'll have to have a look at the ambulance code.

I got it to work the way I wanted. I can't tell if it's healing enemies but I don't think it is.

Either way, do you know anything about how cargo jets and the like are made to not be disabled by EMP blasts?

Add the Chinese propaganda towers heal module to the poison field.

Add the Chinese propaganda towers heal module to the poison field.

Yeah I nabbed America's ambulance one instead, but it worked. Just need EMP hardening now.