Sign in to follow this  
Jezebel

Bless this game

Now that the semester is over, I figured I'd go through all the Command & Conquer campaigns again, start to finish, faction by faction (yes, including Tiberian Twilight ;)) and I of course started off by patching this game with 1.06c rev3 by the fabulous Nyerguds.

I'm going through the GDI campaign, and I just finished the "Protect Moebius" mission (which literally took me 2 hours and 4 minutes, by the way). Probably the most frustrating mission I've played in my entire life. Goddamn those civvies are so stupid.

dDckdQv.pngOWR93eK.pngV0Ht0ej.png

T0UAczB.png

I played that mission once back then, once more for my LP, and never since. And I had to sandbag all the civilians. And Nyergud's patch already removes the Blossom Tree!

Also, did you know that Moebius can be sold via the sandbag trick? ^_^

I played that mission once back then, once more for my LP, and never since. And I had to sandbag all the civilians. And Nyergud's patch already removes the Blossom Tree!

Also, did you know that Moebius can be sold via the sandbag trick? ^_^

Thank god for that! I remember the field directly above the village being a huge issue, now not as much.

And no, I didn't know that. Does that result in a mission failure?

Edited by Jezebel

IIRC, it doesn't. However, Moebius isn't much of an issue anyway because you can control him. Forcibly selling the hospital (I think that is possible through a trick) is a mission failure, though.

Sandbagging everything was the way to win. It took ages to get the civ's down near the hospital. I had to blocked them all in, then one by one open up a path to let them move. One they got to where I wanted them, I could turn my attention back to Nod.

I played thru all my old CnC stuff last year, which is what lead me to TW & KW, which got me thinking of a mod for KW in March which lead me to here. Some of the Covert Ops missions I still can't beat. They're just too damn hard.

LOL I saw the first screenshot without reading the text and knew exactly what mission that was. Being the sole map designer for a Zero Hour Mod that is recreating all the TD missions I have started to know the map layouts by memory. Here is the video that TaxOwlBear did for that mission a couple months ago for the Mod.

EDIT: Whoops sorry didn't realize this was an old post.

Edited by sgtmyers88

Huh, never saw this one. Yeah, that mission is pretty poorly designed. I assume it was supposed to be a kind of timer, to have those civilians die, but it's so awfully random it really wasn't a good method.