Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Independence Day: Resurgence

Who will be watching this movie coming in about a month from now?

While some people think that movie doesn't really need a sequel, but hey, this is where C&C, Starcraft, Star Wars, Call of Duty, Deus Ex and Godzilla may bring all of this into one huge movie adventure, the next movie with the mother of all disasters after 2012. Independence Day was probably one of the movies that influenced EA to bring in the Scrin alliance to C&C3. Resurgence might influence EA to bring back C&C with a new Scrin army, perhaps even on C&C5? :P

Extended Trailer #3:

Trailer #2:

Trailer #1:

There is one alien unit in that movie that reminds me of this unit (the Annihilator from Carnius' Tiberium Essence via Egozi's KW 1.04 Big Bang patch mod -- except it's much bigger, and better to call it the Annihilator Quadpod ;) )

sshot0022.8.jpg

Edited by zocom7

You make some of the strangest connections I've ever seen.

Anyway, as much I as enjoyed the original Independence Day movie this new one is not on my go to see list. Already been to the movies enough this year I think. Gone through my list of movies to see this year now anyway. Deadpool, Batman V Superman, Captain America: Civil War, X-Men: Apocalypse. 50/50 on Star Trek Beyond, but will most likely go and see Suicide Squad in August.

I'm waiting, a bit impatiently, for this to come out. I usually hit up the $1 movies but I'm seriously considering going to see this one opening weekend, which is something I rarely do.

I saw the first one on the big screen after much pleading with my dad. The feeling I got from watching the big action, everything blowing up on screen, was about as life sized as it could get without being there. For me, it was an amazing experience and still holds the high bar for movie ever seen in theater.

I can't recall a single movie that I've seen yet this year. ID2 should be release July 4 weekend.

Didn't even know there was a new one coming out! Put me down as a maybe.

I feel so very, very old when I realise the first one came out TWENTY ****ING YEARS AGO. :o

But yes I will certainly go see it. :D

you're old if you've seen all 7 star wars in theater.....

I wonder, will Apple computer save the world once again :P

Decided to go and see Independence Day: Resurgence tonight. Was kind of a last minute oh what the hell arrangement. Movie was good, however the links to original were a bit weak. But overall I enjoyed it. If you like aliens and **** blowing up its perfect.

I went to see a movie! First time in years. There were six people in the cinema. :D

I thought it was OK, though compared to the first one it was kinda crap. :nod: Also why wasn't Will Smith in it? I mean he was in three MIB movies and they all sucked. :P

Saw it, now I want to see another sequel.

Also why wasn't Will Smith in it? I mean he was in three MIB movies and they all sucked. :P

The story I heard was that Will Smith commanded to high of a salary for this movie, Fox was not prepared to meet his asking price.

From IMDB.com

Will Smith was supposed to reprise the role of Captain Steven Hiller, but Fox refused to meet his request for a $50 million salary for two sequels. Roland Emmerich confirmed Smith would not be returning for the sequel in June 2013 to Daily News, but mentioned that Jeff Goldblum would return to reprise his role as David Levinson.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1628841/trivia?item=tr2302562

The first 2 MiB movies are great, number 3 is weak though.

Saw it, now I want to see another sequel.

Well you saw the ending, it's wide open for a sequel.

Due to poor ratings, the box office for the sequel actually flopped. I highly doubt of a third movie to this Independence Day franchise.