ztz2019

How to combine gamedata.ini in Wrathed?

And is it possible come true the ZH china nuclear reactor's overcharge sp? When actived the reactor could produce more power with self damage and deactived it the power return to normal.

The CC3 itself has the energybonus function with upgrade, selfdamage is easy by ocl unit, but how to reduce to normal energy?

No point changing camera in gamedata, it is 99% depended on the map itself, you need set the camera distance and angles in worlbuilder as you create the map.

Have you tried removing the upgrade that triggers the power bonus?

Also if that doesn't work :

1)Use a replaceself module like the mcv to switch between similar buildings with different power outputs..replaceself should preserve damage levels aswell.

2) Let your ability spawn a dummy with a power output, then when you "toggle" it off have that ability kill the dummy.

You can totally change the camera in every way you could ever imagine via lua scripts. You just need an initial trigger dummy via the playerspellbook (remove inert kindoff) or via starting unit entry in playertemplate.ini (StartingUnit1 = yourunit)

You have multiple ways:

1. set the zoom manually within a timeframe then lock: (cause it jumps back after changing again)

ExecuteAction("LOCK_CAMERA_ZOOM", 0)
ExecuteAction("CAMERA_LETTERBOX_BEGIN") --this removes zoom limitation completely but you have a block border so you need to disable it delayed
ExecuteAction("SHOW_UI")

--delayer starts here

ExecuteAction("CAMERA_LETTERBOX_END")

ExecuteAction("LOCK_CAMERA_ZOOM", 1)

I have coded a lua scripttimer to use as a delayer but its to complicated to post it here (wait for my "meta mods" next source code release)

But you can use a dummy with lifetime that creates another dummy that runs your lua code.

2. ExecuteAction("CAMERA_SET_DEFAULT", 0.00, 0.00 , Camera_Max_Zoomable_Height) --donwside: lifebars grow and shrink with it

workaround: just make a subtle change or use ExecuteAction("OPTIONS_SET_DRAWICON_UI_MODE", 0) to hide health bars

3. ExecuteAction("ZOOM_CAMERA", Cam_Height , 1, 1, 1)

This needs a lock cause it also jumps back if you use zoom afterwards.

4. best way 1: use method 1 with an autoconfig file or ingame setup menu

5. best way 2: Use this custom map that exploits a bug of the sage engine i found: load it once, and it automatically exits back to the menu. Now you have free unlimited cam zoom for every map you load after (strange i know, but it works)

You will see great camera manipulation examples in my next release of "meta mod". There you will even have an ingame command console that accepts many predefined commands and any lua code. Besides that there will be a control menu that gives you crazy possibilites also manipulating camera and performance.

No point changing camera in gamedata, it is 99% depended on the map itself, you need set the camera distance and angles in worlbuilder as you create the map.

Have you tried removing the upgrade that triggers the power bonus?

Also if that doesn't work :

1)Use a replaceself module like the mcv to switch between similar buildings with different power outputs..replaceself should preserve damage levels aswell.

2) Let your ability spawn a dummy with a power output, then when you "toggle" it off have that ability kill the dummy.

I once tried and dislike 1st way, maybe 2nd is workable.

Camera isn't important, I just don't know how to merge ini or lua into the .big file.

You can totally change the camera in every way you could ever imagine via lua scripts. You just need an initial trigger dummy via the playerspellbook (remove inert kindoff) or via starting unit entry in playertemplate.ini (StartingUnit1 = yourunit)

You have multiple ways:

1. set the zoom manually within a timeframe then lock: (cause it jumps back after changing again)

ExecuteAction("LOCK_CAMERA_ZOOM", 0)

ExecuteAction("CAMERA_LETTERBOX_BEGIN") --this removes zoom limitation completely but you have a block border so you need to disable it delayed

ExecuteAction("SHOW_UI")

--delayer starts here

ExecuteAction("CAMERA_LETTERBOX_END")

I have coded a lua scripttimer to use as a delayer but its to complicated to post it here (wait for my "meta mods" next source code release)

But you can use a dummy with lifetime that creates another dummy that runs your lua code.

2. ExecuteAction("CAMERA_SET_DEFAULT", 0.00, 0.00 , Camera_Max_Zoomable_Height) --donwside: lifebars grow and shrink with it

workaround: just make a subtle change or use ExecuteAction("OPTIONS_SET_DRAWICON_UI_MODE", 0) to hide health bars

3. ExecuteAction("ZOOM_CAMERA", Cam_Height , 1, 1, 1)

This needs a lock cause it also jumps back if you use zoom afterwards.

4. best way 1: use method 1 with an autoconfig file or ingame setup menu

5. best way 2: Use this custom map that exploits a bug of the sage engine i found: load it once, and it automatically exits back to the menu. Now you have free unlimited cam zoom for every map you load after (strange i know, but it works)

You will see great camera manipulation examples in my next release of "meta mod". There you will even have an ingame command console that accepts many predefined commands and any lua code. Besides that there will be a control menu that gives you crazy possibilites also manipulating camera and performance.

Thanks, I just don't know how to merge ini or lua into the .big file.

I just don't know how to merge ini or lua into the .big file.

iirc it's

Misc/Data/ini <--- for ini files

Misc/Data/scripts <--- for LUA

If i'm wrong someone correct me please, i'm not sure since i am not able to work on my mod atm.

It is better to always work of your map settings, if you want to have alot of zoom and pan, set a high limit to those in your map, then decide the range in your gamedata.ini, just make sure it is within your maps limit...else you get weird results.

Mjjstral's scripts work, but if your map isn't designed to handle the ranges it will still look ****ty as ****. It is like to trying to paint on a to small canvas. The health bar scaling is most obvious with large pan angles..i would advice against using those enless you really want to get a 3th person view of units.

And yes Seven, those should be the correct paths inside wratheds /source/folder...iirc.

Oh i forgot the most important part of the code...To get rid of the black borders that appear if you zoom out excessivlely: ExecuteAction("SET_CAMERA_CLIP_DEPTH_MULTIPLIER", Camera_Clip_Depth)

A Camera_Clip_Depth Factor of 3.0 is sufficient. The result is great if you don't use my second method. Here is an example where you can see the entire map barstow badlands without black borders or distorted health bars.

2016-01-20_00001.jpg

Edited by Mjjstral

Well, it seems no use just put ini into the folder, any else should I do?

The path: wrathed/source/mymod/data/misc/data/ini/gamedata.ini

Is sth. wrong here? Why 2 data folder?

why did you assume there would be 2 data folders like that?

it is source/modname/misc/data/ini/

and source/modname/misc/data/scripts/

If you re-read sevens post he never said anything about 2 data folders.

why did you assume there would be 2 data folders like that?

it is source/modname/misc/data/ini/

and source/modname/misc/data/scripts/

If you re-read sevens post he never said anything about 2 data folders.

Oh, cuz the SampleMod has a misc folder in data and has an OnDemandTexture.xml (ิϖิ)っ

Thanks anyway.(๑̀ㅂ́)و✧

there is a difference between

source/modname/DATA/misc

You can think of this as TW's

MODSDK/Mods/Modname/DATA/

and you would store all your xml assets here, you can create your own folders in here like /GDI/ or /NOD/ or /WHATEVER/,

the sample mod has a generic folder there called /MISC/ confusing perhaps but its name isn't functional to its working.

and

source/modname/MISC/

think of this as TW's

MODSDK/Builtmods/Modname/DATA/ directory and in here you would put your /INI/ and /scripts/ and /video/ folders etc.

The compiler will actively look for that /MISC/ folder to compile changing the name will break that operation.

Dont know how to explain it better tbh.

there is a difference between

source/modname/DATA/misc

You can think of this as TW's

MODSDK/Mods/Modname/DATA/

and you would store all your xml assets here, you can create your own folders in here like /GDI/ or /NOD/ or /WHATEVER/,

the sample mod has a generic folder there called /MISC/ confusing perhaps but its name isn't functional to its working.

and

source/modname/MISC/

think of this as TW's

MODSDK/Builtmods/Modname/DATA/ directory and in here you would put your /INI/ and /scripts/ and /video/ folders etc.

The compiler will actively look for that /MISC/ folder to compile changing the name will break that operation.

Dont know how to explain it better tbh.

I know now, Samplemod misc is just a name, not the absolute path

You completely missed the point. He wasn't talking about that name, but the misc name of that other folder.

And if you would have read the documentation that comes with WrathEd, you would have known where to put your files...

It seems only macro paths about xml art and audio.

just provide the correct script for scripts.lua file cause all codes that your share them not working with me