ztz2019

Puzzled by T59BlinkMastermind

BlinkMm has a SP that means AOEMindcontrol, and will dominate enemy for a while. But I can't find the control time handle. The module DominateEnemySP's handle "EffectDuration" value is "0s", and other SP also has this handle with value="0s", so it seems not the dominateSP's time controler.

And SP_AOEMndCtrl only has reloadtime, no sign of dominating time control.

Thats controlled by the TemporarilyDefectUpdate inside the units.

Did the aoe mindcontrol work of that aswell? iirc it was you who said it is a old bfme remnant that is bugged that does a permanent control either way?Think its in the topic egozi linked even.

edit:looked it up

The AoE Minecontroll is a leftover from BFME (its basicly a direct copy of Sarumans special abillity). It even works in TW, but there it seems to ignore PermanentlyConvert as the units stay converted for ever.

Edited by Ravendark

Are you sure AOE mindcontrol is affected by this? Why normal mastermind also has this?

Are you sure AOE mindcontrol is affected by this? Why normal mastermind also has this?

Yes, in KW.

In TW AoE mindcontroll is bugged and as far as I know there is no way to fix it.

Btw, every unit has it because they are all based on the same template. And if you want to change the duration, you have to edit EVER. SINLE. UNIT. IN. THE. GAME.

Did the aoe mindcontrol work of that aswell? iirc it was you who said it is a old bfme remnant that is bugged that does a permanent control either way?

Yes, its broken in TW. As far as I know it was fixed for KW.

Think if i wanted to use a specialpower like that in my mod i probably "fix" it by giving a temp atributemodifier that sets a status or condition through the dominate SP, after # seconds it ends and the revert in status triggers a scriptevent that suicides the unit, maybe with some nice exploding head/gory psionic overload effect!

Think if i wanted to use a specialpower like that in my mod i probably "fix" it by giving a temp atributemodifier that sets a status or condition through the dominate SP, after # seconds it ends and the revert in status triggers a scriptevent that suicides the unit, maybe with some nice exploding head/gory psionic overload effect!

I like this idea.

A temp status, seems possible.

The thread I linked mostly explained everything that been said here, and I mentioned another import thing there that made me gave up on the idea

Aside from the need to edit it on every single unit, it also will cause some buggy results, some units will have buggy animations till you tell them to do random stuff like force fire when being mind control

Edited by Egozi44