TaxOwlbear

Let's Play Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Co-op

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3! I really like this game. Do I like it as much as the older entries? Probably not. I do love the coop campaign, though, and I like the distinctions between the three factions.

Anyway, let's get on to the actual game. We start with the first Soviet mission, in which we defend the Leningrad Fortress - not that it needs much defending; it pretty has unlimited hit points anyway.

Soviets Mission 1: The Shrike and the Thorn

Edited by Sonic

The second Soviet mission features more sniping as well as more of the new support powers. The Soviets have to have a whole bunch of old satellites just waiting to be dropped on someone!

Soviets Mission 2: Circus of Treachery

Did the Empire really have blueprints for a Nano Core Royal Palace?

I would love at warships in mountain lakes, but that's actually a thing in Bolivia.

Soviets Mission 4: March of the Red Army

This is the mission with the infamous tech inhibitor. It's also the one where we get access to cheesy air units.

Soviets Mission 5: The Science of War

I like this mission. We get to use Kirov Airships, there's multiple enemies to fight... and no music during the first half.for some reason.

Soviets Mission 6: No Traitor Tomorrow

This may very well be my favourite mission in the entire game. It's so much fun! We go up against all Imperial commanders, we get Apocalypse Tanks, and... there's a little surprise at the end.

Soviets Mission 7: To Tame A Living God

I love this mission. It's like a James Bond RTS.

Soviets Mission 8: The Stone-Faced Witnesses

Edited by TaxOwlbear

As Red Alert 2 starts, so does Red Alert 3 end. The Soviet campaign, that is.

I always found the first part of this mission to be rather difficult to the rest. Then again, RA3's difficulty is all over the place anyway.

Soviets Mission 9: Blight on the Apple

Welcome to the Allied campaign! The first mission is actually surprisingly tricky. The first time I played it I lost because I didn't bother protecting my base, and then lost because having 15+ vehicles but no buildings still means you lose.

Allies Mission 1: Ride of the Red Menace

This mission is pretty fun. It's also well-designed, with both commanders having completely different objectives.

Allies Mission 2: The Shark and the Lure

Finally: Air units!

Allies Mission 3: The Famous Liberation

Edited by TaxOwlbear

We now fight alongside the Soviets! What could possibly go wrong?

Allies Mission 4: Enemy of my Enemy

I love this mission. The evil president heads are just awesome.

Allies Mission 6: A Monument of Madness.

This isn't all that hard... unless you play with the AI and let it chronoshift onto the mainland. Then you're dead.

Allies Mission 7: Forever Sets the Sun

A fun mission. Turns out Cuba is really into sports. This is also one of those mission where the AI (relative to other games) shines. Giles is quite compete at brining down those airships. More competent than me when I played this mission for the first time!

Allies Mission 8: The Great Bear Trap

Here is the final Allied mission, using the same map as the first Soviet mission. It's not too difficult of a mission, though the final part (destroying the Leningrad Fortress) can be a bit tricky due to the building's insanely long health bar.

Allies Mission 9: The Moon Shall Never Have Them

The first Japanese mission isn't overly exciting. As the Soviets, we defended Leningrad. As the Allies, we saved Britain. Here, we interrupt the New Year celebrations. Woh.

Rising Sun Mission 1: The Death of Father Frost

Here's the main theme of this campaign: Destroy the cultural heritage of other countries.

Rising Sun Mission 2: To Conquer Shattered Spirits

The start of this mission is rather tricky on the highest difficulty... but then the mission becomes a glorious pushover.

Rising Sun Mission 3: Behold the Mighty Saint of Swords

Instead of destroying monuments, we spend a mission protecting monuments.

Rising Mission 4: Graveyard of a Foolish Fleet

Edited by TaxOwlbear

I know it's based on mythology, but why did they chose a land animal to represent the largest sea vessel ever build?

Rising Sun Mission 5: Assault on the Black Tortoise

This is a pretty fun mission. There's a lot of ways to approach it, and the map has a slight sandbox feeling, which I like. Also, we destroy EA Los Angeles in a unintentionally ironic twist.

Rising Sun Mission 6: Rage of the Black Tortoise

Okay, how did get both the Allied and the Red Fleet past our defences? Anyway, it's a nice mission to highlight the power of Yuriko, my favourite of the three commandos. And her twin sister. Or clone, I'm not quite sure.

Rising Sun Mission 7: Barbarian at the Bay