Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

C&C4 Maps and the game --> very disappointing, not to mention embarassing

Well I did some browsing of the C&C4 extracted maps and let me tell you, because the game was so heavily rushed due to EA shutting down EALA operations, some SP and skirmish are incomplete!

Overall, this is what I have inspected and re-edited with the maps:
1) Two single-player campaign missions were incomplete and are fixed.
2) All single-player missions were modified to include more command points at the start where most missions will start with a typical 100 CP.
3) All skirmish/MP maps were modified to include 300 command points at the start regardless of human player. AI players don't count in this.
4) Incomplete or partially finished skirmish/MP maps (you're fired, Owens) have been edited to be playable with TCNs as goals, adding active GDI/NOD players, adding power usage to TeamManager players, and adding some neutral structures as well as correcting some textures and passable areas. Those maps are untitled and they will be named as Untitled One, etc.

I may release the edited maps in a possible unofficial C&C4 patch 1.04 soon.

Also:

It is possible to play C&C4 offline and even playing it with cheats via the trainer, which is how I completed the game the first time in a speedrun. Yeah the gameplay was so like Company of Heroes meets World in Conflict with C&C material.

When it comes ot the game itself, the balancing was terrible --> high armor, weak attack power, and even insignificant attack power when in heroic status or holding a crystal. I think that the normalized attack power should be at heroic status, whereas heroic units should have their attack power doubled from their original amount. I also think that Offense and Support classes for both GDI and NOD should deserve some buildable limited infantry and defenses. Also I found out the crystals (no matter which color) are all used to gain upgrade points and use them. Too bad C&C4 cannot be modded unless Lauren or someone else can finish WrathEd 2 to make it moddable and I wish Jvnck can decrypt the defs for C&C4.

Yeah the gameplay was so like Company of Heroes

Did you ever play Company of Heroes? If you did, you'd know that unlike C&C4, CoH is a functional and complete game. I believe even people who don't like it would play it rather than C&C4 just for the fact that it had effort behind it.

Too bad C&C4 cannot be modded unless Lauren or someone else can finish WrathEd 2 to make it moddable and I wish Jvnck can decrypt the defs for C&C4.

Didn't Lauren switch a few things in the C&C4 UI a while ago, which would mean modding in general was possible?

Welcome to 2009/2010.... C&C 4 sucks, do we need to go over it all again? Even the devs who ended up at Victory Games said it was ****.

Didn't Lauren switch a few things in the C&C4 UI a while ago, which would mean modding in general was possible?

Yes I did, but that was just a proof of concept done via a hex editor. No nice UI/compiler, yet. Edited by Lauren