Sign in to follow this  
TaxOwlbear

[Uprising] Change player colour in Commander's Challenge from yellow to white?

As per title: I would like to change the player colour in the Commander's Challenge. Yellow is my least favourite colour and white is Future Tech's actual colour anyway.

Iirc Uprising never had a sdk or any of its xml's publicly released, so i'm not sure if its moddable in the traditional sense of the word.

It should be, but it would take far longer to do so. Bibber had to extract the relevant data for his Upheaval mod somehow.

The xml and xsd were released at some point actually. One could basically create the equivalent of WrathEd for it, but changing the player color would mean editing the maps.

The xml and xsd were released at some point actually. One could basically create the equivalent of WrathEd for it, but changing the player color would mean editing the maps.

It should be, but it would take far longer to do so. Bibber had to extract the relevant data for his Upheaval mod somehow.

But where they released to the general public? It is not the first time assets are released to select sources in advance for beta testing a possible SDK. I never found a link for the uprising files. i know about the ra3 upheaval mod, and iirc bibber released his source code for it a good while ago even, but i don't think that contained the original uprising schematics and xmls?

Edited by Ravendark

Changing all 50 maps sounds like a lot of work. Would it be possible to generally change the colour of the yellow player to white? Like a palette swap? So both the white and the yellow player appear white?

No, I'm sorry but you're thinking too much in terms of old games/engines

Well, I haven't modded anything since Hearts of Iron II. :D