Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Early Look at Justice League (2017)

DC have released early footage from the Justice League moveie that is due in November 2017. This is early stuff but it shows lots of Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash and Cyborg.... but no Superman.

Jason Momoa as Aquaman looks awesome. Ben Affleck returns as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

It would also appear that Warner Bros have figured out how to make their trailers much better, since the first trailer they released for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice last year spoiled key scenes from that movie.

Yeah Jason was great, Aquaman should be fun. What struck me is the youth of flash and cyborb, and what I think is a general failing in the casting of actors by their age.

Most of the Marvel roles are played by mature aged actors, and I think casting young adults to play roles of older characters never quite seems to fit.

But to completely ruin that idea, the casting of the new Spiderman really hones in on the character's identity. And the scene with Iron Man in Civil War really created some great counter-points of reality v perception.

I think I've just ranting against the cookie-cutter casting and shoe-horning of actors into roles they don't belong...

I wouldn't be to hasty to judge this movie yet anyway. They haven't been filming for that long. Principal photography began in April 2016.

As for the casting of younger actors for The Flash and Cyborg, I'm sure they have story reasons for this.

Don't forget, these movies are based on the comic book characters, not direct adaptations. Its cool when they stay as true to the comic book origins but the stuff that works on the pages of a comic book doesn't necessarily transfer to the big screen.

I watched the trailer it looks alright. I like the flash costume, the cyborg one, not so much.

I wish for both Superman and Supergirl to be in the Justice League.

The latest trailer for Justice League came out over the weekend. Looking good. Due out in November.

The jury is still out for me... same with spiderman... hate the star wars trailer... but the Thor trailer ROCKS!