Sign in to follow this  
TaxOwlbear

Obtaining the Night Moves bonus mission now?

Probably not possible. It was never released as a standalone download. Originally it was a pre-order only bonus mission that was unlocked latter for everyone to play. But with the current unknown status for all things C&C within EA I doubt it can be sorted out now.

Wasn't it given to players who requested it by EA_CIRE in the Victory Games days? If so, your only shot is seeking out someone who has it and figuring something out on your own if it's not just an account-based thing.

Oh dear. Does having the boxed version make any difference? I bought the boxed copy in 2011, pretty much a year after release, and I think I got the mission back then.

I wonder: If you use coop mode and one party has access to the mission, is it playable for both?

Wasn't it given to players who requested it by EA_CIRE in the Victory Games days? If so, your only shot is seeking out someone who has it and figuring something out on your own if it's not just an account-based thing.

I don't remember anything like that happening. When Night Moves was released, APOC was still the community manager. It was simply enabled for all to play. Meaning anyone who had copy of the game would have access to the mission.

Oh dear. Does having the boxed version make any difference? I bought the boxed copy in 2011, pretty much a year after release, and I think I got the mission back then.

Boxed or digital download, its the same game. So no I don't think it makes a difference.

I wonder: If you use coop mode and one party has access to the mission, is it playable for both?

I would assume so yes.

Keep in mind I never played this mission, never bothered with it. By the time it was made available to everyone I'd already long since given on playing C&C 4.

Perhaps you could contact EA Support/Origin Support and ask about it? They are still selling the game.

Perhaps you could contact EA Support/Origin Support and ask about it? They are still selling the game.

I did do that, but they said they couldn't help me because the game is "no longer updated".

Anyway, the reason why I'm interested in the mission is because I'm going to do an LP of C&C4 eventually and because I'm obsessed with including all missions.

I did do that, but they said they couldn't help me because the game is "no longer updated".

EA customer support doesn't even know anything related to C&C.

It's an account unlock, so no dl or something. But yes you can play with someone that has it. It's a fun mission so I would be up for it if you want.

It's an account unlock, so no dl or something. But yes you can play with someone that has it. It's a fun mission so I would be up for it if you want.

That'd be great! I'll PM you.

On 11. 10. 2016. at 3:35 PM, Plokite_Wolf said:

On 13. 10. 2016. at 0:01 AM, Sonic said:

I don't remember anything like that happening. When Night Moves was released, APOC was still the community manager. It was simply enabled for all to play. Meaning anyone who had copy of the game would have access to the mission.

I know this is quite a bump, but I finally got proof that I'm not insane. Phew. https://web.archive.org/web/20110724030926/http://www.commandandconquer.com:80/blogs/blog/95