Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

15 great games you can't buy digitally

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/15-great-games-you-cant-buy-digitally

But I'll bet all 15 of them can be downloaded illegally somewhere in the Internet without getting a real disc copy, but that doesn't mean they are abandonware. And... Emperor: Battle for Dune is another great game too, also can't be bought digitally.

Gee I wish GOG would have had them. When Activision revived Sierra in 2014, after buying it 8 years ago, they didn't do anything to resell some old-titled Sierra games digitally online, which is sad. And.... Shame on you EA on not selling Battlefield 2 in Origin, when you actually do support and sell almost every other Battlefield game out there, except the defunct Battlefield 1942.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Oh god that screenshot of Voyager - Elite Force, sooo blocky soo old. :o

PC Gamer is not aware of Star Trek games that GOG got the rights to through Interplay: 25th Anniversary, Judgement Rites (which they even mentioned in the article, and the link leads to another article which states that it's available for sale!), Starfleet Academy and Starfleet Command Gold Edition.

Starfleet Command II and Orion Pirates are available on Dynaverse.net, who were given the source codes and permission to sell by Taldren before they closed, although the Dynaverse owner is now just sitting on the code and doesn't want to do anything with it, and from what I've heard from what's left of the community, this goes for even selling the game on GOG.

As for Elite Force 1, actually, fans at UFPlanets.com officially obtained the right to distribute the game freely and legally (multiplayer and the RPG-X mod for sure, I need to check for singleplayer)

Battlefield 2 and 2142, including respective booster packs and expansions, are playable and downloadable on https://battlelog.co/ , which caught up quickly and firmly.

A few months ago you couldn't legally buy Duke Nukem. Stupid lawyer politics.