Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Are you getting tired of movie reboots/remakes?

As to the question above.... ^^^ Well I am tired of those already, but Hollywood needs them just to get in more money. So far the only reboots that are successful are Star Wars, Jurassic Park, James Bond and Hawaii Five-O... for years I still wish for a Dune reboot. The only exception for reboots/remakes are some of the great and old video game titles, just for better graphic quality.

Take in for an example, this latest Mummy reboot:

Barely anyone wants to watch Ethan Hunt or Jack Reacher to attempt an impossible mission to stop a new mummy from wreaking havoc on Earth.... and fans are upset because Brendan Frasier isn't going to be in there.

Brendan Fraiser lol I remember that guy. :P

Movies are becoming more, shallow imo. TV is where its at now. With shows like Game of Thrones, Westworld, Breaking Bad, which are far more entertaining that Missions impossible 53 or James Bond.

No, not really. I mind them if they are bad, but I mind bad films in general, remake or not.

As for successful remakes: Filmmakers ran out of ideas about 80 years ago, and remakes have been made ever since. The 1939 classic Wizard of Oz, for example, is a remake. So are a lot of other films, like Scarface, A Fistful Dollar, The Glorious Seven... but I've never seen anyone complain about that.

From what i understand (and seeing there isnt that much info aviable yet i can be wrong ofc) are tom cruise'Mummy and branden frasiers mummy not set in the same universe. The old Mummy movies had their own universe and lore. The new on is set in a universe that contains the wolfman, frankenstein, dracula etc..your proverbial monster mash universe if you will. So the early criticism is a bunch of bull**** if this is the case.

Also imo only the first Mummy movie was decent, Returns and the dragon emperor's tomb or what ever it was called were horrible tbh.

Like taxowlbear says, if they are good i don't mind watching any kind of movie, the problem is that recent remakes or reboots are cash grabs mostly. And this has been giving rebooting/remaking a dark stain as of lately.

From what i understand (and seeing there isnt that much info aviable yet i can be wrong ofc) are tom cruise'Mummy and branden frasiers mummy not set in the same universe. The old Mummy movies had their own universe and lore. The new on is set in a universe that contains the wolfman, frankenstein, dracula etc..your proverbial monster mash universe if you will. So the early criticism is a bunch of bull**** if this is the case.

Speaking of which: The 1999 The Mummy can also be considered a remake/reboot of the 1930s Boris Karloff film with the premise being the same.