Sign in to follow this  
GeneralJist

Rumor of next C&C....

As the title says, this is a RUMOR, so take this with a grain of salt.

(none of this has been confirmed by official sources)

So, I was in an interrogation, I mean conversation, with a journalist/ youtuber the other day, and he claimed he had info, and that he was invited to a tech demo in January.

I asked Lou Castle about it, and he said he heard a rumor that the next C&C might be a mobile game. (he knew nothing about the above supposed tech demo)

The journalist may not be a reputable source, but here is the reference:

https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/5g03yl/did_a_video_about_cc_constructive_criticism_needed/

But just encase to cover my ass:

Edited by GeneralJist
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

EA was looking for guys a couple month back. That was apparently for a mobile game, so this would be consistent.

• Downvote 1

That video in reddit is so lame, that I didn't read the rest of the thread. He says it's a late alpha and the build he's playing has only 2 Generals and units are OP.

In my opinion, probably the guys at EA blocked him for later builds, wisely, I should say ...

• Downvote 1

A C&C mobile game wouldn't be that bad since C&C needs another one other than RA2 mobile, but I have no confidence in this rumor unless the real leaks spoil out.

But that doesn't mean it answers to this fake leak: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/19892-eas-leak-on-a-c-c-tiberium-game-in-2016

Edited by PurpleGaga27
  • Downvote 1

So, I was in an interrogation, I mean conversation, with a journalist/ youtuber the other day, and he claimed he had info, and that he was invited to a tech demo in January.

Sounds like bull**** to me. I don't have all the details but I'm certain there is no "tech demo" or anything like to do with any future C&C game.

I asked Lou Castle about it, and he said he heard a rumor that the next C&C might be a mobile game.

**** that. There is no future for the franchise if EA plan to take it mobile.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

th_img_06.jpg

This is my

th_telephone.jpg

this is my

th_fff45d83c7cb1e58351b42117d1ee89f.jpg

one is for phoning , one is for fun! B)

• Downvote 1

@Chimas

Not the video... the conversation....

Well, honestly, at this point, any official C&C regardless of platform would be better than nothing.

This could be EA testing the waters for C&C, see how the market responds to a small mobile game, then if that goes well, get back into PC.

@Ravendark

what you talkin bout willis?

Are you saying we should be up in arms? XD

Edited by GeneralJist

Well, honestly, at this point, any official C&C regardless of platform would be better than nothing.

I would prefer not hearing anything at all unthill they have a solid idea worked out for the next c&c (if any) then a la baked quick mobile cash in.

@Ravendark

what you talkin bout willis?

Are you saying we should be up in arms? XD

Nope i just believe not every platform is suitable for a (c&c) gaming experience. Never got behind mobile controls tbh...not sure how a c&c game would feel on a mobile device.

I'm in the same boat, I dislike, and don't use mobile gaming platforms.

But EA has always been about the quick bucks. Maybe they need to learn the hard way, AGAIN, that you can't nickle and dime C&C.

And as we all know, C&C is mainly the hard core fans now, our community is a shadow of a shadow of what we once were. A bit of spotlight might do some to revitalize the community a little.

Of course, we want a full, proper C&C, but that takes at least 3 years of full time development, maybe no one wants to risk it again, given EA's track record of management **** ups.

It's clear that it's not the quality of the work of the devs that's in question, we had so many games get to Alpha and get cut, for no apparent reason. And then find out later it's the corporate culture that killed the product. (or another management ramrod)

Sigh,

Well see....

EA was looking for guys a couple month back. That was apparently for a mobile game, so this would be consistent.

Their always looking for mobile developers now. It seems their shifting their business model to cater to primarily mobile development.

Mobile does apitimize the least effort in, most potential income out.

They're all # people in EA, on paper it makes good business sense

I regularly apply for EA positions, and 90% of them are all data and # driven, "quantitative" fields.

I don;t fit that at all.

Remember, they have an image of "worst company in America 2 years in a row" to maintain.

Edited by GeneralJist

we had so many games get to Alpha and get cut

All one of them?

Renegade 2, Continuum, Tiberian Incursion, Tiberium, Arena, and Project Camacho were all killed before they made it to alpha.