W1CKED

Red Alert 3 Campaign Missions

Hello!

Someone please help me with the campaign missions. I've extracted them (.bin files and .map and so on..) out of the MapsCampaign.big. The problem is

that I don't know where to put the files to override the campaign with one of my edited maps and have the fully functional campaign AI's, or to atleast play it with the AI's working. I've tried putting it in my appdata and usermaps but then I'd have to add a skirmish player in skirmish and the AI would be bugged.

I've tried to edit the MapsCampaign.big file in notepad so that the maps directories were in another place (where my edited campaign map file is) but then it would give me

an exception handler error.

Someone who knows how to do this will literally help me out a bunch and make my day!

Have a good day to all of You! :)

Sincerely,

~W1CKED

Edited by W1CKED

That's the craziest statement I have seen in all of my years in C&C modding. Never open BIG files in a notepad! Think BIG files as if they are similar to ZIP/RAR file format. Did you ever try OS Big Editor and/or Final BIG? Both of them can open and create BIG files.

If you are editing maps, extract what's in the BIG file, then edit a map in Worldbuilder, but you need to put back the edited ones (including all the others) back in a BIG file and save as a new file of the same name. Always back up the original MapsCampaign.big file.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

I don't literally mean edit maps in notepad by adding codes and such, but I edit with RA3 WorldBuilder and then TRIED to change the map directories in the BIG file.

How can I change the extracted data file back to BIG file though?

Open the .big file with FinalBig and simply drag and drop the extracted files back into the big file and overwrite if necessary. You can also change directory paths within the big file with FinalBig (Edit->Rename File).

But can I then play the campaign with my edited maps? Like if I were to go to play the edited mission in the campaign section, then it will be the my edited map? Because I tried that before and It gave me an exception handler error/and or it did just not work. (The map was the same)

Edited by W1CKED

So have you found a solution to this? I have the same problem and I i really wish i could play my edited maps..

//Edit:

So yeah i fixed it. I missed one letter in the directory path and it was adding another map rather than overriding the existing one.

Edited by Scalatorr

Yo, did anyone managed to make a custom single player mission ? If yes I would like to have a detailed tutorial about that.

I've also noticed that whenever you use the buildlist on ra3 worldbuilder, it will crash.