Sign in to follow this  
TheImperialRealm

Open world RTS The Imperial Realm::Miranda first Teaser Trailer

What are the rules for self-promotional posts here? The rules don't really say anything about it. I have a teaser trailer for the open world RTS I'm developing that I think people would be interested in but I don't want to get banned.

Here's the trailer and some information on the game.

The Imperial Realm::Miranda is the first seamless open-world real-time strategy game. Build a base and field a fighting force either by yourself, or with your friends, in an all-out war to dominate Miranda, the devastated former capital planet of The Imperial Realm.

Secret Lair Games is celebrating Miranda's unprecedented scale and majesty in the first teaser trailer for the game.

Secret Lair Games will be holding a free public play test weekend on February 24-26. The test weekend will run from Friday at noon to Sunday at midnight (Pacific time.) Players can sign up for the game's mailing list to take part in the test. Invitations will be emailed on Monday February 20 with a link to retrieve the Secret Lair Code needed to play the game the following weekend.

2017-2-11_0-21-45_62859.png

[Targeting an enemy base with a superweapon.]

The_Imperial_Realm_-_Miranda_-_R.png

[Place your Base anywhere in Miranda's 300x300KM world.]

The_Imperial_Realm_-_Miranda_-_F.png

[Harvester at work collecting resources.]

The_Imperial_Realm_-_Miranda_-_B.png

[The aftermath of a fuel-air missile explosion.]

We look forward to seeing you on Miranda, Commander.

Edited by TheImperialRealm

Looks to be way too early in development to get real/useful feedback.

What are the rules for self-promotional posts here?

You are free to self-promote here. The only time we would limit it is if you keep self-promoting excessively even when people express no interest in your project, but in that case, we would tell you to stop promoting before taking any severe action like banning you.

Looks to be way too early in development to get real/useful feedback.

What gives you that impression? (That's helpful feedback.) Miranda is a playable multiplayer game with tank battles, explosions, map, shroud, lots of different units, a giant world, and more.

Mostly that everything looks like placeholders.

Thanks for the feedback. Art is a huge challenge when you're not an artist yourself. I do the best I can with the art I buy, any deficits in the final results are my doing. I had to make a lot of hard choices about the art early on. For example, there are no people in the game because animating them is so difficult, and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it well, so the roles traditionally carried out by "little men" are all handled by 4 wheel ATV's in Miranda.