Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

The happiest country in the world is.....

....and it's a stunner. It's Norway! Congrats Norwegians.

Article (via AP): https://www.yahoo.com/news/whos-happy-whos-not-norway-tops-list-us-063130417--politics.html

All the info can be found here: http://worldhappiness.report

Remember that four years ago I posted a thread regarding Iceland, New Zealand and Denmark are the most peaceful countries on Earth? http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/16974-worlds-most-peaceful-countries

Happiness in the USA, it went down to 14th, and it may go down further, thanks to Trump and a divided America under a new dark democracy. The country with the least happiness is the Central African Republic.... and I thought it could have been Syria and Somalia.

A European nation wins - I can easily believe that :)

As for New Zealand, well, the news is always pretty depressing: the government admits that uncontrolled immigration has put pressure on infrastructure, so traffic is pretty bad where I live. Everyone seems to be complaining about the cost of housing and stuff like that, because wages and student loans/allowances never keep up with inflation. Younger folks sometimes have no choice but to live in squalor or live with their parents. I'm sure New Zealand has seen happier times.

Auckland has always had problems and it always will. The solution to the immigration problem is to spread those people around the country. But no, everyone wants to live in stupid Auckland.

Come live in Christchurch, it should be rebuilt by about 2150. :P

You're in Christchurch? I'm in Christchurch. Come down to Pom's Pub and get on the piss with me lol. Auckland is awful and Christchurch will be like Auckland very, very soon. The council and government need to pay for a rail network asap to link Selwyn and Rangiora with Christchurch City. Driving out to Rolleston sucks, you never reach 100kmph on the motorway and the motorway is all cracked and the seal is done for.

Hamilton is where is its happening these days :haha:

I'd like to hear if there are many software developers in Hamilton. I think that if I'm serious about finding work (once the course is over) that there's only 4 cities to be in, but that isn't entirely true. This week I heard about a seed company in Ashburton that was looking for a programmer - possibly a one-off I suspect!

Wikipedia cites a 2016 survey which says that Hamilton + the nearby region has a population of 161,200. It sounds better than Timaru's population. Fancy finding a job there, it must be hell!