Sonic

Welcome to the New CNCNZ.com Forums

After a solid month of testing and theme building our new forums are now up and running. As you can see we have a completely new look. New colours, new features around the forums. But we have retained all data. There are still some to things to fix, stuff to add and probably changes to the theme to make based on your feedback ;)

We had the forums off line for much longer than originally planned. There were some complications during the upgrade. But thanks to fine folks at IPS Support and more assistance from our excellent hosts, MyHost we were able to sort out the problems. The last part was waiting for 13+ years of forum data to rebuild. The final process took around 8 hours for everything to rebuild.

We were unable to retain data from the old forum's "Shoutbox". We have installed a new "Chatbox" though, it works basically the same way as before, but as you can see none of the past shoutbox posts are there anymore.

So feel free to browse around our new forums, if spot something that should be fixed, added,or whatever comments you may have, just post about it here. I'll be working on many things over the next few days.

• Upvote 1

Sonic, while I appreciated a modified new forums using the same but upgraded software, there are some things that need to be addressed:

1. support embedding of YouPak videos.
  2. no more downvoting on reputation. Also I do not want this shown where mentioned users get +1 or /-1 reputation points: http://forums.cncnz.com/pastleaders/
  3. spoiler tags not working in the chatbox.
  4. Facebook and Twitter icons other than Google+ needed to be added in this forum.
  5. YouTube embedded videos are too large when read in the thread. Should be in a smaller size.

I don't like the thread pop-up preview, it gets in the way of things and won't disappear quick enough.

1 hour ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

no more downvoting on reputation. Also I do not want this shown where mentioned users get +1 or /-1 reputation points: http://forums.cncnz.com/pastleaders/

We've been over this before, if you don't want to be down voted, don't post stupid stuff. This isn't your social media where no one is allowed to dislike anything you say.

That past leaders thing is kind of odd though, maybe it is intended for a forum with more active users?

3 hours ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

Sonic, while I appreciated a modified new forums using the same but upgraded software, there are some things that need to be addressed:

1. support embedding of YouPak videos.
  2. no more downvoting on reputation. Also I do not want this shown where mentioned users get +1 or /-1 reputation points: http://forums.cncnz.com/pastleaders/
  3. spoiler tags not working in the chatbox.
  4. Facebook and Twitter icons other than Google+ needed to be added in this forum.
  5. YouTube embedded videos are too large when read in the thread. Should be in a smaller size.

Lets work through your list here....

1. I don't think we need YouPak videos
  2. @Nmenth covered the reputation system as it stands now. We have yet to discuss this as staff yet
  3. No tags work in the chatbox. Its a chatbox. No images, no videos. Its text chatting and emoticons
  4. Could explain what you mean about Facebook and Twitter icons? I see them at top and bottom of the page and share icons are just below the posts above the breadcrumb quick links
  5. Yes fully aware of the YouTube video size. Its on my list

2 hours ago, jeffnz said:

I don't like the thread pop-up preview, it gets in the way of things and won't disappear quick enough.

I think it's kind of handy. But will look into this.

BTW, quick tip. If you're going to mention another member name start type an @ symbol before and the autocomplete menu will appear and there user name will be highlighted :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, Sonic said:

BTW, quick tip. If you're going to mention another member name start type an @ symbol before and the autocomplete menu will appear and there user name will be highlighted :thumbsup:

Apparently it also sends a notification to them that someone mentioned them.

(By default, I see it can be disabled in notification settings.)

Something else that is new. If you select and highlight some text a prompt to "Quote This" will pop up.

Just looking at this topic has told me the quoted text boxes need to look different.

1 hour ago, Sonic said:

If you select and highlight some text a prompt to "Quote This" will pop up.

That will be useful, quoting something specific will be much faster and easier. :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, Sonic said:

Could explain what you mean about Facebook and Twitter icons? I see them at top and bottom of the page and share icons are just below the posts above the breadcrumb quick links

Oh, I must have enabled the adblock plugins. I have already disabled one of the plugins that got rid of social media icons.

There are a few bugs here and there in the profiles. I believe the enumerations changed a bit (what I noticed for me is my fav cnc was changed from KW to RA3 and gender from female to male).

We're aware of the Favourite C&C bug (caused by an extra blank entry), but gender is new and probably shows the migration screwed all the drop-down options in the same way. Thanks for reporting.