Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Mass Effect Andromeda is the latest victim of the Frostbite Engine

So I have tried playing a bit of Mass Effect 2, and then later the first and third games in the Mass Effect trilogy and so far, definitely looks like Deus Ex meets Battlestar Galactica and C&C3.

Now I wonder if any one of you has tried this game?

How many EA games flunked using the Frostbite Engine 3 and above? Most of them, except Battlefield and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare games. Fortunately no EA Sports games are using this Frostbite engine yet because they still work well with their own graphic engines. There are some games that worked great in their old graphics engine(s) but they did not feel the need to use the Frostbite engine due to its limitations.... and lack of modding support. Even as of now, EA still cares about quantity over quality.

This year's fourth Mass Effect game called Andromeda is another overrated game with a critic average rating in the 70s and an average user rating of 4.5 out of 10 on all consoles from Metacritic. Most of the players complained of the animations, gameplay and the story... all simply way off the mark from par quality. Bioware did the right thing making the Mass Effect trilogy on Unreal Engine 3, but I am not so sure why they went with EA's current best engine all made from scratch. It took 200 developers and three Bioware studios to develop this game only resulting in some mediocre effort and some lack of originality including using a C&C3 track. Maybe Bioware should have delayed the game release just to polish more on the overall game itself, because that sounds like another rushed development of the game just to get in some sales.

• Downvote 3

Don't know what sources you have been reading but I've heard a generally positive reaction to Mass Effect Andromeda. I personally have zero interest in it. I remember playing the original one, and it bored the **** out of me.

The only thing I've seen on it (not particularly interested in Mass Effect atm) are the unusually poor animations, which tells of the integrity BioWare has nowadays.

Animations are procedurally generated it seems, which is why it seems odd in some cases. Imo it's still a step up from having a set amount of animations playing over and over like in earlier BioWare games.

I like the game quite a bit as seen by my new avatar.

It's pretty fun so far. Accidentally broke the game so I had to load my previous saves. 

I was actually surprised some of you have positive reactions to the game when I already thought the reactions are mixed. I read the reviews at some sites, they are pretty much mixed but more players are disappointed than the ones who thought this game was good.

Besides my small review is neither stupid nor pointless.... and I hate to point fingers at two users here (acting like Kermit) giving me downvoting reputation which isn't fair and that reminds me of some user back from the official C&C forums (which is Kermanit btw), where someone gave me one star out of five for every recent post I posted. Nmenth was right about one thing about me but however this forum isn't getting peaceful and happier than I thought it was years ago... and I am neither GeneralJist nor JeffNZ. And still Beowulf calls me a derp.

Although this isn't a social forum, I have a feeling I am being abused in this forum recently.

I am perhaps more happier in Revora and Reddit than here right now.

You haven't even tried the game for yourself and wrote about it trashing it because you saw other people trashing it. You make your mind up about something without actually experiencing it for yourself. That's a big problem you have and it happens over and over, which is also why you get the downvotes and people calling you derp.

You make broad general statements like the engine is **** and too complicated while having no idea what you're actually talking about. That's not being abusive, it's being annoyed by reading unfounded thoughts for years now.

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2017 at 1:18 AM, PurpleGaga27 said:

I was actually surprised some of you have positive reactions to the game when I already thought the reactions are mixed. I read the reviews at some sites, they are pretty much mixed but more players are disappointed than the ones who thought this game was good.

Besides my small review is neither stupid nor pointless.... and I hate to point fingers at two users here (acting like Kermit) giving me downvoting reputation which isn't fair and that reminds me of some user back from the official C&C forums (which is Kermanit btw), where someone gave me one star out of five for every recent post I posted. Nmenth was right about one thing about me but however this forum isn't getting peaceful and happier than I thought it was years ago... and I am neither GeneralJist nor JeffNZ. And still Beowulf calls me a derp.

Although this isn't a social forum, I have a feeling I am being abused in this forum recently.

this reminds me of my days in HTFSocial

On 3/25/2017 at 1:18 PM, PurpleGaga27 said:

If you didn't make so many asinine comments and threads, you wouldn't get the truth hurled at you so often. This whole thread is ridiculous. The Frostbite engine is a fine engine to use and it makes for spectacular visuals (see: Battlefield 1). It's your ignorance and complete lack of awareness that drives this "abusive" behavior. And, honestly, being called a derp is far from abusive.