Sign in to follow this  
GeneralJist

Tberium Secrets Deciversery: Tiberium Wars, GDC Recap and ASI Internal Alpha

Guest Rabbit
3 hours ago, GeneralJist said:

Sure, the video only showed off a few things, sure it's not the entire faction, but how can you go around saying you have looked at it all, and judged it accordingly, if you didn't even finish the video?

This is in game footage, not a trailer.  (why is that so hard to comprehend?)

Perhaps we made a mistake in doing that, instead of a trailer,  but I seriously find your lack of imagination disturbing.

There are countless things that have not been shown, and that are not ready for "public" feedback, so we chose to show an extended game of just the things that are 100% done.

You guys should be happy this kind of behavior is allowed here, any other community, any other website, this kind of ignorant bashing would be shut down immediately.  Only in the C&C community folks!

Sorry man, you must have me confused with another post.  I actually watched the video in full.

What I'd honestly recommend is that you speak with your footage / release rather than your words.  Show us what you're building instead of telling us.  It's not up to our imagination to make your mod great, it's up to your efforts.

And yeah, I agree, it's not a trailer, however, I still stand by my belief that as the representative of your mod, it is in your own best interest to be showing the best footage you have available.  Unfortunately, rendering issues can cause some real problems (heck, even C&C Legos had it's bad days), but I guess what it really comes down to here is showing, not telling.

Up until a few months ago, I'd never even heard of Tiberium Secrets.  I'd never seen any news about it, never saw any information about it anywhere.  I have to say it, but this isn't a good first impression.  And you can't blame the community.  I invite you to take a look at some of the other mods posted around these forums, especially in the news section.  While I can guarantee you will find some drama here or there (as an example, the W3D Hub / BlueHellProductions fiasco), no other mod has received this kind of negative attention. 

I feel like on one hand, you can push the blame towards as many people as you want, but you also have to consider why there is such a big fuss over your mod specifically.  I haven't known you, I haven't met you, I should have no reason to have anything against you, and yet, as a result of this entire discussion, here we are.

Like I've said a few other times, I sincerely, honestly hope that your mod is successful.  I truly hope that your project is as great as you want it to be (I mean, come on, who doesn't want their project to succeed?  Who doesn't want to tell the whole world how excited they are?), but I think the biggest issue is you're putting the cart before the horse quite a bit.  You're talking about great things before you can back them up, you're showing off features before they are polished.  You're giving people a reason (or rather, and excuse) to poop on your mod.

What I strongly, strongly recommend, is that you ask one of the admins to delete this thread.  Take a break from CNCNZ, take a break from posting about your mod anywhere, until you can gather your team and come up with a strong plan of how to properly release information about the mod, and how to make the PR actually look good.  Feel free to contact some of the mod teams for other games, I have no reason to doubt they'll help you in any way they can.  I'm serious about this, really take some time to decide what is worth publishing.  You don't have to publish any little thing just to appease people.  You just have to keep doing a good job and release good images/videos/builds when you're ready, not because people begged you or "haters" taunted you into rushing something out.

But let's face it, in the mean time, this is a sh*t show.  You've lost control here, and whole discussion isn't helping your mod in the slightest.  If anything, people are coming out of the woodwork just to cause more problems.  You don't deserve it, regardless of the circumstances that led to it.

Good luck.

-Zee

Edited by Rabbit
(Sorry about the double post guys, feel free to merge)

4 hours ago, GeneralJist said:

You've lost all respect from me, and now I'll have to revoke your community invitation in recognition of your work.

Oh no, how can you be so mean.

4 hours ago, GeneralJist said:

Have you seem any of the other things that were posted on the page? Did you see any of the other pictures of aircraft, vehicles, structures?

Oh the ones which look like from 1997?

Also as you're so fond of GDC and going a bit with what Zee Hypnotist said I recommend watching this and look for more on the topic of the GDC channel:

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GeneralJist said:

I said that  me and the other half of leadership were able to talk to some of these people at GDC, and that these people have interest in our work.

I may have got too excited after we got such a good reception, and so much respect by people in the industry.

Have any of those mods been to GDC? Have any of those mods made a fully original faction that has it's own original art style, lore, mechanics, design, etc.? Have any of them spent significant money on making sure their product is released  and their leadership is taken care of?

You're putting yourself in a position you're neither qualified for nor experienced with. 

Congratulations, you cough me in the time that I was really proud of our work.  And not behind the scenes humble, which is my default. 

Would you take a few steps back and look at the whole picture? 

The footage you've shared so far, pictures you've uploaded on ModDB and hype you try generate around your work looks unprofessional. This contradicts to what you've been saying in other topic how some guys at GDC were pissing their pants by looking at exact same footage you just showed us. It's unfinished and don't even qualify for an early alpha - and most important - or prepared for public view.

So far you talked the talk, but can you walk the walk? I don't know so after some discussion here with @Nmenth i've decided to step back and stop bashing at your mod. I think it's fair enough.

At least we have the balls to actually  do something about the death throws of this once great community. 

Do I really need to give you an entire pizza, instead of a single slice to prove there is a pizza in the oven that it came from?

This is what i am talking about for last few posts. 

You perceive your work as tremendously titanic effort for community - and surely you have this right as modder - but after from what i saw here you have literally nothing to prove such statement. It looks... not that good. 

And what if I decided I was trying to show off what my skills are? What if I was using this portfolio to get me a job in the industry?

(I will always live in die by my words and my actions, that is who I am, all  for public critique, hell, that is what happens when you are looking to start a business, questioned, critiqued, disrespected, put under the microscope for the smallest flaw/  weakness/ leverage?)

So it is about community or about your job at EA? Creators behind Mental Omega or Twisted Insurrection do their job, because they find joy in delivering their mods to community. That's how they got recognized among some former staff of Westwood and if they would seek for way to monetize their work, probably whey would find it. Maybe not directly from EA, but on Kickstarter with some prepared business plan, experience behind their back and portfolio of delivering mods for several years...

However, you start from totally different approach. You have literally nothing to back your words and look for attention from gaming industry to help you. As an entrepreneur i don't understand how such advertisement would help you, because in - my humble opinion - you're becoming as some kind of infant terrible

If this was a normal community, a moderator would have you banned for that kind of  clear abusive and borderline threatening language.

If was a lesser person,I'd appeal to a "higher power"  and  claim your not making me feel safe....

Ye who  casts the 1st stone, right?

All i can say here is to ask you to visit your own topic on this forum, read a few posts made by yourself and ask you to relate, why your mod should be the "beacon" and why under your / your team leadership. Prove me wrong, if you didn't exaggerated your role for community in that thread.

So, lets say I was, if, only if, I was trying to save the C&C community and brand, from both itself,and the years of mistreatment,  and poor business decisions, trying to save a franchise that everyone thought was dead, that everyone loved back in the day, and that everyone wants back, so much they are still going on about the franchise on community platforms, long after most reasonable fans have moved on. 

This is what i am talking about... 

Why you just don't "Make a C&C Great Again" by making the very perfect mod which will be praised and really gather community around it, rather than talk about "How Great It Will Be", huh? Make the mod - prove me i was wrong about project and your person. Release it, don't talk about it. 

If I saw what we were doing, as having a significant hand in helping that along, in doing something, and actually trying to listen to the community, even ones that are being abusive an ignorant.  Hell, I'm not being paid for this...

So, now you're putting yourself in a position of victim...

No one here placed you in position you've been aiming for. No one here pressed you to make this mod. You surely wanted to prove something, shared your work with others and got feedback, but please, stop telling us you are mercifully developing this mod for us, m'kay? 

Why am I still here, spending the time to defend myself and my project on a community forum, which is in the back alley of the internet?

So now it is fault of @Nmenth or @Sonic that your mod isn't positively acclaimed? 

Edited by Traymen
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GeneralJist said:

Have you seem any of the other things that were posted on the page? Did you see any of the other pictures of aircraft, vehicles, structures?

Maybe you should have shown or mention them here? I followed the link, saw the GDC stuff and closed the windows again. You should really try to split the news next time as the news was way to long and I rally dont care what strangers do in their free time.

Perhaps we made a mistake in doing that, instead of a trailer,  but I seriously find your lack of imagination disturbing.

Your Tiberium Secrets Narrative Trailer consits of TW, TT and Tiberium cinematics spliced together. Please dont complain about other people lack of imagination.

Why am I still here, spending the time to defend myself and my project on a community forum, which is in the back alley of the internet?

You recent ModDB news has 5 comments, 2 of which are yours.

All postings in your ModDB forum are at least a year old.

I think this backalley has more interest in your mod than most ModDB users. :P

(and yes, it might get more comments now that people have more time on the weekend)

Still, its obvious a lot of time and effort went into the mod, so I wish you the best of luck for the future.:)

Edited by Stygs
spelling

17 hours ago, Traymen said:

So it is about community or about your job at EA? Creators behind Mental Omega or Twisted Insurrection do their job, because they find joy in delivering their mods to community. That's how they got recognized among some former staff of Westwood and if they would seek for way to monetize their work, probably whey would find it. Maybe not directly from EA, but on Kickstarter with some prepared business plan, experience behind their back and portfolio of delivering mods for several years...

However, you start from totally different approach. You have literally nothing to back your words and look for attention from gaming industry to help you. As an entrepreneur i don't understand how such advertisement would help you, because in - my humble opinion - you're becoming as some kind of infant terrible

I said if...

Sigh,

I obviously  am doing this for the passion of C&C, that can manifest in many ways.

If it leads to good portfolio experience, which most of the time it has, then great.

So now it is fault of @Nmenth or @Sonic that your mod isn't positively acclaimed? 

Oh dear god  no.

It has nothing to do with anyone who didn't post in this thread, or the reboot thread that went around this.

It is our collective responsibility, and mine for letting PR get this bad.

20 hours ago, Zee Hypnotist said:

What I strongly, strongly recommend, is that you ask one of the admins to delete this thread.  Take a break from CNCNZ, take a break from posting about your mod anywhere, until you can gather your team and come up with a strong plan of how to properly release information about the mod, and how to make the PR actually look good. 

Well, thanks for your tone and response.

I will probably take your advice in part, with CNCNZ.

As for other places, I can't just stop PR,  I'll discuss  this all with the new PR manager, when she is ready.

I will however not ask anyone to delete anything form anywhere.

Hiding bad PR is not the way I operate.

Trying to pretend this blow up never happened, robs us of the feedback and consideration that is necessary to improve, and maybe one day come back with something that you guys are excited by.

I appreciate the maturity of most of the people here, I think we have come to a better place of better understanding and critique.

I was dreading coming back here, to see what I'd find....

I'm glad we can be more reasonable now.

We'll see how PR is run in the future,I was planning on taking a step back from PR anyways, just waiting for the new person to get up to speed.

You perceive your work as tremendously titanic effort for community

oh,

I don't think you understand what putting a full new faction into the game (without replacing anything) actually entails....

Edited by GeneralJist
  • Downvote 1