Sonic

Show Avatars on the Chatbox

Show Avatars on the Chatbox  

5 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you want your avatar displaying when posting in the chatbox?

• Yes - It would make them look better and easier to read
    • No - I like the cleaner minimalist look as it is now

Just a quick poll. Do you want your avatar displaying when posting in the chatbox? Share your feedback if you have any comments to make.

There will be other quick polls like this as other changes are made to the forums and main site.

I think it's fine as it is now. Avatars would just cramp an already cramped space.

My impulse is to say they are unnecessary. However, I also haven't seen what it would look like. Could you temporarily enable them, take a screenshot of it and post it here to see?

This is what the chatbox looks like with avatars displayed.

ta8CUPC.png

Doesn't look too bad, but... still unnecessary.

Actually, it looks great! Maybe it takes a bit of space but it looks awesome :D

No need to put avatars in the chatbox since they took some space. In the Revora forums, their chatbox (I mean shoutbox) do not use avatars. I like it as it is for now.

Forgot to follow up on this. So based on the poll result it looks like we will leave the chatbox as is.

Belated feedback, I didn't see the chatbox when I first logged in, so I had no comparison, so I hunted it down and did a side by side.

I think Nmenth's comment is correct... it doesn't look too bad but is probably unnecessary. I was worried about the vertical space it would take up, but that seems minimal. I think it would have been fine to keep them, because I'm visually orientated.

The avatars would have helped me, but I okay with the decision to leave them out.