Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Tiberian Twilight is One of the Lowest Rated Games on Steam

3n3bDYs.png

In a recent article on Kotaku's Steamed blog, Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight has been included in their list of the five lowest rated games currently available on Steam. I guess it's no shock that the game rates lowly among the hard core Command & Conquer fans and the casual fans. This is what they had to say about it.

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

Rating: 18 percent positive.

What it’s about: “[The] Tiberium saga is coming to a powerful conclusion with Command & Conquer 4, which will introduce a multitude of innovations to the classic fast and fluid Command & Conquer gameplay, while retaining the core compulsions that fans have come to love over the series’ history.”

So basically: It’s a Command & Conquer real-time strategy game, except they tried to do some weird **** with it.

Example review: “Playing skirmish mode over and over again to grind levels to even be able to use all of the units in a faction? no base building? little to no resource collection? terrible campaign? requires login and constant internet to play? I can confidently say i have downloaded malware more enjoyable than this.”

Why so many people dislike it: That review pretty much sums it up, honestly. The game is a reinvention of the Command & Conquer series that doesn’t really feel like it fits. More specifically, people dinged it for sub-par mission variety, simplistic mechanics, and irritating constant connection requirements. Positive reviews, however, pointed out that, much like Sacred 3, it’s not irredeemably bad when taken on its own terms. A few people even claimed to love it. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

If your interested, check out the full list right here.

Considering the **** Steam Greenlight has spawned, this is quite an achievement (pun not intended... originally).

1 hour ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Considering the **** Steam Greenlight has spawned, this is quite an achievement (pun not intended... originally).

Well, it makes it all the worse because this game was funded by a multi-billion dollar company that doesn't know how to make games. Where as the crap on Greenlight is usually made by amateurs or intentionally made bad by trolls.

Unlike the majority of Greenlight, Tiberian Twilight at least functioned at all and had a consistent art style.

(It sounds like I'm praising C&C 4, I'm so so sorry.)

Tbh it's  mostly butthurt people. Sure it's not the best game, but most of the ratings are because it's not a C&C with the C&C slapped onto it.

If it had been released under any random name it would just have been a forgettable game. Constant internet connection also is a non-issue. Maybe at the time it was released it was one of the first non-mmos which did that, but now it's basically every other game (though that number has gone down again recently)

It's a bad C&C but not a bad game... as a game it's just mediocre and forgettable.

Edited by Lauren
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Unlike the majority of Greenlight, Tiberian Twilight at least functioned at all and had a consistent art style.

(It sounds like I'm praising C&C 4, I'm so so sorry.)

Consistently awful looking, yes. ^_^

Edited by neojames82

This is not a surprise to some gamers, but people already knew that the game was terrible.

4 hours ago, Lauren said:

Constant internet connection also is a non-issue.

Except that the game will be unplayable when the official servers inevitably go down, and the only bypass to that will be to use the 1.00 version and installing an "offline patch" which may or may not have a virus in it.

4 hours ago, Lauren said:

but now it's basically every other game (though that number has gone down again recently)

Unless you're referring to the relatively few games that make their way to GOG.com and leave out DRM by definition, I wonder what you mean.

I don't know where this guys got his number from, but he didn't do any proper research. Just do a blank search in the Steam Store, sort the games by user reviews and go to the last page. There's 1,000 with lower scores, mostly zero-effort indie games with Unity Store assets and Steam Greenlight garbage. There's a whole bunch of games with 0% positive reviews.

No, C&C4 is neither a masterpiece nor is it a popular game. But one of the top five lowest rated games on Steam? It's nowhere CLOSE to that.

3 hours ago, TaxOwlbear said:

I don't know where this guys got his number from, but he didn't do any proper research. Just do a blank search in the Steam Store, sort the games by user reviews and go to the last page. There's 1,000 with lower scores, mostly zero-effort indie games with Unity Store assets and Steam Greenlight garbage. There's a whole bunch of games with 0% positive reviews.

No, C&C4 is neither a masterpiece nor is it a popular game. But one of the top five lowest rated games on Steam? It's nowhere CLOSE to that.

Well it is a Kotaku article, don't expect any sort of journalistic professionalism nor integrity.