Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Blade Runner 2049

We'll never forget the original which inspired Ghost in the Shell, The Matrix and Deus Ex.
We'll never forget the inspiring electronic music from Vangelis.
We'll never forget Westwood's game adaptation from the movie with Frank Klepacki's amazing remade music.

And now, the world premiere trailer is here:

Here's the previous first trailer:

Could this be better than the original, or even shall I say as most people are saying, this is better than the lackluster Ghost in the Shell?

Who will watch this?

Edited by PurpleGaga27

23 minutes ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

We'll never forget the original which inspired Ghost in the Shell, The Matrix and Deus Ex.

Your imagination is running wild again.

Weeeell, the bladerunner trailer is better than the GITS trailer at least. I'm a fan, I'm interested.

The good news, some developer is making a Blade Runner 2049 game: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/06/bad-news-everyone-were-getting-a-blade-runner-2049-game/

However, it's a mobile game that no one ever asked for, but a PC version instead. Some people are asking EA to work with GOG.com to bring Westwood's original Blade Runner interactive game to the digital store. But EA isn't interested in reselling the game on Origin or even GOG.... yet, not even remastering the game since EA lost the source code of the game when Westwood's assets were transferred to EA back then. And I thought EA might be secretly working on a Blade Runner 2049 game ever since the new movie project came into the works.... but they did not.

And.....

The original Blade Runner game is still considered abandonware, even it can be downloaded in the digital archives (you know the site anyway).

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Second trailer is here:

This looks great. Hopefully it's a success.

Denis Villeneuve has directed good movies but Arrival I thought was boring. It made a profit however.

He's also working on the Dune reboot.

The international trailer is here (and the fourth one too):

Got some dire news on the original composer. According to news sources, it appears that Jóhann Jóhannsson failed to deliver the promise of composing the entire soundtrack for Blade Runner 2049, let alone Hans Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch be credited for the whole thing. Originally Johann was going for an original fresh new soundtrack apart from Vangelis (without any remakes), but unfortunately it didn't turn out as expected. So what about that trailer music that Johann did? No credit? I guess this left some people disappointed.

Ever since Hans Zimmer and Benjamin Wallfisch were  hired to compose the soundtrack in July 2017, they got less than three months to work on that music magic. I hope the music will be as great as what Vangelis did back in 1982.

Too bad I wished Frank Klepacki would have done this rare opportunity.

Also the movie sequel duration will run for about 2 hrs. 42 min.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

I really liked the soundtrack when I went to see the movie. It had very clear homages to Vangelis, but also did its own thing, mixing in more modern-sounding electronic influences. Overall, it worked very well.

Oh, and, I really enjoyed the movie. I'm glad the trailer barely shows anything of what is actually going on, and in fact Harrison Ford doesn't really show up until all the way at the end of the movie, giving us plenty of focus on the real main character, where, honestly, it belongs :P

[edit]

lawl. I open that playlist and get an ad before the first vid... of the Blade Runner 2049 movie xD

Here's the all-in-one OST of Blade Runner 2049:

or