Sonic

Temporarily Stepping Down

As of this post I'm temporarily stepping down as the lead admin and webmaster of CNCNZ.com. This will be for an undetermined amount of time. There are things in real life that I have sort out and that means I can't devote any time to the site. After spending a lot of time rebuilding the forums and main site in recent months, the tank is empty. Motivation to continue is low. So I'm stepping away for awhile.

CNCNZ.com will continue, it will not close down. I'm officially handing the reigns over @Nmenth and @Plokite_Wolf. So they will be in charge from today.

I will still be checking in on the site and forums but I doubt I'll post or do anything.

So this is not goodbye, just goodbye for now.

Guest Stevie_K

Sad to hear that. Respect to you for not shutting it down. Take care.

I will be sure to make a mess out of this place so that when you do return, everyone will appreciate you more. ;)

Well this forum has been quiet for a week now except for modders. This reminds me of former C&C fans of Lion, DeeZire and JonWil going out of their own sites temporarily and then sadly closed everything later on. I hope my favorite C&C site is not going to be one of them.

I hope you'll be back soon, Sonic.

So...

1. What happens to C&C Music Monday now? Gone for good or someone else will pick it up?
  2. What happens to the main CNCNZ.com page? Since Sonic mentioned there are issues posting new topics (ie. news), I doubt it'll get fixed, no?
  3. I wonder how many days left before the domain and site need to be renewed again?

To answer your questions....

1. C&C Music Monday posts will be done by @Plokite_Wolf for next couple of months.
  2. I just fixed the main site problems today, albeit with a temporary solution for now. The main page doesn't look as empty now though
  3. The domain is already renewed and paid for until June 2018.

These are the last major things I'll be doing on the main site and forums for at least the next couple of months.

This is very sad to hear, but real life will always be a priority for all of us :(. Regarding motivation, I think you can still count on projects like Renegade-X, OpenRA, etc. The community is still producing interesting stuff, although we can't count on EA anymore for any real C&C games (Tiberium Alliances doesn't count as one).

Boo, grab the pitchforks! :D

Hope you'll be able to sort your rl issues soon Sonic.

On 5/31/2017 at 1:09 PM, Sonic said:

.... There are things in real life that I have sort out and that means I can't devote any time to the site......

I totally feel ya... Time therefore for an explanation I've been meaning to get off my own chest here...

During the final couple years of being Co-Webmaster of this site, I was fighting a lot of personal demons, and real-life stuff. Being the stubborn git I was, I felt like didn't want to let the community down by leaving as one of the forward faces of the community and disregarding the huge contributions I had made towards it. As those who have stuck around from that time remember, it was to my detriment and was totally counter productive.

I thought I could handle keeping on top of what was still a vibrant community at the time, that I could still contribute in a positive way. All this whilst battling depression and dealing with the numerous issues I had going on at the time. Yet the very thing I was trying to avoid became the very thing which saw me turn from a positive, yet sometimes cynical person who just wanted to see EA get this franchise right, into someone who was a negative pessimist that dragged everything  and everyone down with me. It sucked hard.

Whilst there were a few things, those with good memories here could probably attribute it to my father's death. I didn't handle that very well, and it just went downhill from there. It ultimately cost me the Co-Webmaster and admin positions here and a huge loss of respect from others.

So you're doing the right thing here Chris. Whatever's going on, keep strong mate. As part of the original TSNNZ crew and community I've known and worked with you longer than almost anyone here. You know my Facebook, if you need to talk, give us a bell.

This probably should have been in a PM, but I don't care. No point in hiding stuff. It's good to clear the air. But also important that people know I still give a damn about CNCNZ and those who made it what it is.

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2017 at 12:51 AM, Saracen said:

I totally feel ya... Time therefore for an explanation I've been meaning to get off my own chest here...

During the final couple years of being Co-Webmaster of this site, I was fighting a lot of personal demons, and real-life stuff. Being the stubborn git I was, I felt like didn't want to let the community down by leaving as one of the forward faces of the community and disregarding the huge contributions I had made towards it. As those who have stuck around from that time remember, it was to my detriment and was totally counter productive.

I thought I could handle keeping on top of what was still a vibrant community at the time, that I could still contribute in a positive way. All this whilst battling depression and dealing with the numerous issues I had going on at the time. Yet the very thing I was trying to avoid became the very thing which saw me turn from a positive, yet sometimes cynical person who just wanted to see EA get this franchise right, into someone who was a negative pessimist that dragged everything  and everyone down with me. It sucked hard.

Whilst there were a few things, those with good memories here could probably attribute it to my father's death. I didn't handle that very well, and it just went downhill from there. It ultimately cost me the Co-Webmaster and admin positions here and a huge loss of respect from others.

So you're doing the right thing here Chris. Whatever's going on, keep strong mate. As part of the original TSNNZ crew and community I've known and worked with you longer than almost anyone here. You know my Facebook, if you need to talk, give us a bell.

This probably should have been in a PM, but I don't care. No point in hiding stuff. It's good to clear the air. But also important that people know I still give a damn about CNCNZ and those who made it what it is.

Well Said C&CKing we all have those moenets when we just spiral into a dark place, but having people there to support you is always good.

Yeah you did go on the deep end at one point and i did enjoy our lenghly descussions on it, but being a good mate i just looked at it as a debate.

I am sorry to hear Dave that is had a bit to do with your Farther passing. but i have admitted you have been more of a positive light in our C&C world again and still a solid defender of old.

Sonic thanks for all your support, in the next few pays i will donate to help keep the site going again. you keep it fresh and active in a looking dead franchise.

For all the effot over the years with RAZ - TSNNZ - CNCNZ - Petroglyph you have earnt a break look after yourself Chris, when you are ready to come back and have the passion come back. plus look after yourself mate, you are important look after you.

Comander Starlin

Edited by comander starlin