Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Throwback Thursday for 1st June

JyGUuxL.jpg

In this week's Throwback Thursday feature, we look back at the two units which the fans wanted to see in C&C 3: Tiberium Wars and were returned in the Kane's Wrath expansion - the Steel Talons versions of the Titan and the Wolverine. Filling the same roles as in C&C: Tiberian Sun, these redesigned mechs were a worthy throwback to the Second Tiberium War, and were no weaker than their Third Tiberium War counterparts from any side. In fact, they got a few purchasable upgrades of their own - the railgun and adaptive armour for the Titan, and AP ammo for the Wolverine.

Remember, you can click on the preview to see a larger and more detailed image. Don't forget to check out the Throwback Thursdays archives if you've missed a week. Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We also encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #ThrowbackThursday, #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

TWA's , models look even nicer, especially the Wolverine.

Let us all be quiet for a minute and remember these great units, time, and era as we watch this horrible poor quality trailer (For the love of god... 720p was big deal back at the time? D: )

Edited by Egozi44

On 3.6.2017 at 6:41 PM, Egozi44 said:

TWA's , models look even nicer, especially the Wolverine.

If your referering to my TWA mod, then a) neither Golan nor I changed anything about the Wolverine and b ) none of the units is addvaible in the mod. :P

I think your either refering to Tiberian Apocalypse or Tiberian Essence.

Sad that there is no picture of the render models that were shown before KW release. Kind of a shame that EA never used them for anything aside the CnC Arena trailer :(

Edited by Stygs

2 hours ago, Stygs said:

Sad that there is no picture of the render models that were shown before KW release. Kind of a shame that EA never used them for anything aside the CnC Arena trailer :(

Chrissyx's site still has the turnaround videos linked to one of EA's file servers.

http://files.ea.com/downloads/eagames/cc/tiberium/KW_Wolverine_Render_high.mov

http://files.ea.com/downloads/eagames/cc/tiberium/KW_Titan_Render_high.mov

3 hours ago, Stygs said:

If your referering to my TWA mod, then a) neither Golan nor I changed anything about the Wolverine and b ) none of the units is addvaible in the mod. :P

I think your either refering to Tiberian Apocalypse or Tiberian Essence.

May recall things wrong then, I recall them looking more like the video models  than the final version